Chips
tell me if you've already sold anything to invest in poker

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't sound like a good idea to me, to be honest.
It might be a good idea for a movie, guy who is good poker player gets robbed. He sells dad's watch so that he can get back to the table. Did something like this happen in "Lucky you" .
I'm going crazy, repeating a movie in a way but again i would never sell anything so that i can play poker :D

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello
No, I have not done and I never will.
For me poker is a hobby (although I often angry and this is probably the reason for my losses) and I will invest are never too much money. I am ready to win, but not lose. :p

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a stupid idea to sell something... for the sake of poker...
this is already a dependence...
:captain:

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
tell me if you've already sold anything to invest in poker
Thank God nothing . But I knew two players who sold their cars and one house . Another one broke up with his family over a game . It's sad . You can not have a strong dependence on the game !

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think you have it backwards, you are supposed to play poker and buy stuff, not sell stuff to play poker.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to sell anything, use some of your pocket money and get a fantastic hobby.

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a HORRIBLE idea. Getting started in poker as a profession I believe you still need an income and a way of life. Not thinking I sold everything to do this. It will affect your game bigtime. (playing scared) Not to mention what happens if you start out on a down swing and go bust. You have nothing.

Its a much better plan to save money even if one week its a dollar. Build your starting bank roll. Have an income, Comforts of life, and play your best.

bablo

bablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really a very bad idea, even there is a funny joke on this topic. A voice tells a person to sell a house and buy an entrance to an expensive tournament, well, I think everyone knows this anecdote and how it ended.

Mariancrt

Mariancrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t think thats a good way to play.
Sometimes you lose more than you win but in my opinion everybody need to set a line and do not cross it,play for fun , or money but when you lose , and if you sell to play what you have ,you can get broke.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill not sold anything to play poker, i have enough to sold and play around the world but never do that.
And psihologically u cant play calm when you know that is your last money.,ull lose all.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even if there are such people in the forum, I think they will not admit it because it's a serious problem and dependence

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This will never happen. I'm not a complete idiot yet to sell anything for a game.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play poker, it is desirable to allocate a certain amount of money, which is not a pity to lose.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've sold your soul when you played poker for the first time :)

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no need to "sell" anything to invest this money in poker. This is really a bad move. If you can play poker pretty well - you will always have a money for the game.
There are lots of freerolls in the different rooms. If you want to play more serious, but not have enough money - the right decision is just to get a job and get some money for poker, or just play some poker in the evening after the job.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the film, it's interesting to watch when a poker player sells all his things to play poker in the hope of winning and going up, but in real time I think it's a bad idea to sell your things to play, it's better to play poker when there is extra money then you can and play, and if there is no money, then you can try to play freerolls and try to win, I did not sell anything to spend on poker, I play more freerolls and try to raise a bankroll so that later I could play cash games or tournaments!

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This post made me chuckle.

The way I feel at this present moment in time, I could quite easily give everything up and sell up and move to Vegas and play poker with my money. As it is, I probably would enjoy myself far too much and therefore I would need to play very good poker all the time. I really don’t think it is a wise move to sell everything to invest in poker, but then that becomes relative to what you own. If you don’t own much then you don’t have much to lose. So go for it.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In gambling you need to play only for the money that you can afford ... To sell anything to play poker is extremely silly it will lead you to an incurable disease and in the end you will remain without anything!

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me. I play for free, that is, I do not spend money on a deposit, the more you sell something in order to make a deposit. Its really a very bad idea.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it's not a good idea to sell something to invest in poker !!! to invest in poker you need only free money which it is not a pity to lose !!! if you play for money which you feel sorry for, you will probably make mistakes while playing poker !!!

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...i would never sell anything to play...this is a hobby..for fun..entertainment..only play with what you can lose....thanks darrell

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now I did not have enough resources to invest in poker, because here in brazil the top courses are expensive.