sell everything to invest in poker?

L

LILBIGL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not realy, just invest to much. so i hadnt enough for me durring the month.
but when you will sell stuff to play you should stop playing:hmmmm2:

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To do this, you need to be a complete fool and addicted to gambling. I do not want anyone to do this. I have not spent money in poker for 7 years. I will continue to play.

G

GangBlader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its an extremely bad idea, not only for your poker journey but also to yourself.

Keep a job and study and grind in the after hours, progress through the stakes and only then after you establish that you can profit from poker in the LONG TERM you can start thinking about quitting your job.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I think it's half desperate, I think it's like hitting the bottom as it says movie stevenpoker96 and it would look more like the movie the bettor with Mark Wahlberg:bike:

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank God I did not get this point to sell everything to play I have faith in God does not want to get in this situation so I try to put little when I can play freerolls or when to play.

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now there are many ways to rise from scratch, if your game is at the proper level - it makes no sense to sell anything - this is my opinion

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I think it's half desperate, I think it's like hitting the bottom as it says movie stevenpoker96 and it would look more like the movie the bettor with Mark Wahlberg:bike:
i see this movie, it happens only in movies))) not good idea spend all money on game

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a terrible idea, at the end of the day, you should only invest money that you are willing to lose.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not crazy enough to play everything I have. This is an act of an unhealthy person.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
A reasonable poker player doesn't need to do this. This player would have bankroll management. It is poker not roulette... :D

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does not look like a good idea to me to sell things that you need for living to spend money on poker. If you are good player and have proper bankroll management you should not need to invest additional money except your initial deposit. And for initial deposit you should not invest money which you can't afford to loose. If you have low amount of money for initial deposit you should just play micro stakes till you build up your bankroll. It is very tempting to invest big amount of money, play high stakes and win big prize but this is possible only in movies.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No thats a terrible idea poker isnt even remotely popular right now.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, thank God it didn't come to that.)))))

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really a very bad idea, even there is a funny joke on this topic. A voice tells a person to sell a house and buy an entrance to an expensive tournament, well, I think everyone knows this anecdote and how it ended.

Matt Damon did well to invest everything for poker.:rock:

RennMeister

RennMeister

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You ought to sign up for Gambling Anonymous.

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it would ever be a good idea to ''sell everything'' to invest in poker. You should never put all your eggs into one basket. I think it is important to ease into poker and only play where you feel comfortable. I understand poker is a business for some but it nothing to take lightly and takes a lot of patience, hardwork, and planning for it to all pay off. I personally would never invest in poker! It gives me too many headaches lol

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Get good. Get a bank built up and/or backing and kick ass at poker.... Then buy everything.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To begin with, try to play as many freerolls as possible.
This will allow you to accumulate experience, in addition you will have the opportunity to increase your bankroll. This is the best option and you do not need to invest in the game.

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To begin with, try to play as many freerolls as possible.
This will allow you to accumulate experience, in addition you will have the opportunity to increase your bankroll. This is the best option and you do not need to invest in the game.

very true....first u play the freerolls....after u decide to invest some cash....because u have to invest a little....lets say......50 $ or 100 $ ....if u want to start small.....but u have to invest a little if u are good

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
My first deposit was $ 50.
After I have lost this money, I play only freerolls.
But I play poker for only 5 months, so I have little experience.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many freerolls you can play. If you are in a position where you can't make money playing the lowest stakes, how can you expect to win at the higher stakes? Poker is a game that you get what you put in. There are no shortcuts.

G

GangBlader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Id recommend to deposit ~50$ and grind microstakes till you crush 'em.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only one possible case: You have won a big tournament and sell everything because you want to be independent and travel around the world and sleep in the nicest hotelrooms, eat fancy dinner or a snack at the tables. :beerglass:beerglass:beerglass
If your play brought you to the point, that you need money, you should beter rethink your strategy or search for another game, hobby, profession. :elefant:

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll management is very important, without it you will play with a desperation, and in poker that is a bad idea, the best way to play poker is to play within your limitations, being comfterable and playing with a sense of desperation will change your style of play without you even knowing it.