Self Talk While Playing Poker?

bosskms

bosskms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same

It seems to me to say all the actions to myself, it's best, it's easier to notice mistakes

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes but most of the time when its bad beat or when it hit hail mary on river.

gery

gery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As always don't say or show anyone informations about you, sometimes silence is the best answer.

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
of course I talk to myself when I'm playing because sometimes I need an expert opinion!

can't believe nobody made that joke yet

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I definitely talk to myself after loosing a big pot. Definitely when the opponent hits runner runner to get a straight. It is hard not to be mad, end end up muttering when you have AA vs AA and loose to a flush.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately, the voices in my head have stopped responding to me, so unfortunately I have to play in silence :)

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Shout would be a better descriptor...ranting at the screen at the clown that just called my AA shove with garbage, but gets there.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
From time to time, when I'm doing badly, I hit the table, I complain about the luck of the game and keep playing 😅 obviously I always talk only trying to analyze the game.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
every poker player, when he starts playing or is already playing a lot, he hears or says to himself the actions he wants to do is normal:)

H

hesketh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
For a change, I do not talk to myself when playing poker. Might swear at someone kicking my ass with a lucky river card, but apart from that? No, I do enjoy the peaceful quiteness of the game 🫣

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Everyday,no matter If I have a good or a bad session.It happens especially when I am about to get in the money in a tournament and make a mistake and my opponent eliminates me.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
From time to time, when I'm doing badly, I hit the table, I complain about the luck of the game and keep playing 😅 obviously I always talk only trying to analyze the game.

No...I see you

White foamed mouth, screaming at the monitor with spatters of spittle...hands and face contorted like an inmate at the Willard Asylum for the chronic insane....I'm in the next room friend...try and keep it down you're frightening my roaches.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Sometimes he insults me a lot and luck of course hahahahahahaha

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly tell myself to stay focused and patient. Also agressive but calculated

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
does the swearing at acr 4 card flush board beating out my PP all in count?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm not always going to post something serious. So here goes something that might be a little fun to hear from you all. Do you all talk to yourself while playing poker? Do you answer yourself while playing? What do you talk about? With all the bad beats I hear about on here, I'm sure there is a lot of cussing going on. To answer these as for me, yes I do talk to myself, and many times I catch myself answering my own talk. That part is supposed to mean I'm crazy. I sure don't doubt that. I mostly talk about what is going on at the table, but there is many things running through my mind. Last of all, I don't do any cussing. But I do say OMG and go on. Let us know what your self talk is about. GL all
Looks like you have intense loonies with yourself lol.

But sometimes I'm motive like, "let's seguarar", "let's go", "fold fold fold"... nothing much lol

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Never thought about it, but I actually never talk while playing. I don't talk to myself and I rarely talk to my opponents. I just concentrate on playing and don't get distracted. I take failure easily and never get upset. Of course, there are situations that cause disappointment, but it only lasts a few minutes :)