Self Talk While Playing Poker?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not always going to post something serious. So here goes something that might be a little fun to hear from you all. Do you all talk to yourself while playing poker? Do you answer yourself while playing? What do you talk about? With all the bad beats I hear about on here, I'm sure there is a lot of cussing going on. To answer these as for me, yes I do talk to myself, and many times I catch myself answering my own talk. That part is supposed to mean I'm crazy. I sure don't doubt that. I mostly talk about what is going on at the table, but there is many things running through my mind. Last of all, I don't do any cussing. But I do say OMG and go on. Let us know what your self talk is about. GL all

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I talk to myself all the time when playing poker. Usually I'm just debating what the best play in a situation would be, or scolding myself minutes after realizing I made a terrible play.

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
naturally ! :) I always think out loud to myself about the possible variations, possible outcomes and I make decisions based on them, the opponent has what possible cards, I think about them out loud in myself and that's how I make decisions! I think it is useful to think out loud!

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always. I even speak in the first person plural.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting question. Sometimes during the game, I also talk to myself. Although this happens quite rarely, but I usually talk to myself when analyzing my game and when I realize that I made a mistake.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks you all for the replies. What do you say when you flop a good set and you are in the BB with 3 callers? I say "I'm fixing to make some money on this one" LOL. Yeah you all, we all talk to our self through out a session. It does help with figuring out what to do next. Anyway, GL to you all today.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I sometimes think out loud before making a decision, I have a chat with myself before making a move or analyzing a hand while playing online.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I talk it all out to my cats who love the grind as much as I do.:D

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies, and I like them all. That's really funny LadderingUp and I like the name.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever

ever! who never. Principal... swearLol

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
That is really very interesting, at first I wanted to say no, I don't do that but when I thought about it it came back to me and yes, sometimes I do it too. Sometimes when I think I have a very good hand but actually already see the catastrophe arrive and out of stupidity or curiosity still calle. But that happens less and less so I also talk a lot less but I remember that I used to do it sometimes. But then I am more likely to abuse myself for my stupidity than to abuse others

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, in online poker it is an everyday thing to talk to yourself and somewhere it is simply necessary.Speaking out the options in a particular hand, you find the right solution due to the fact that you hear your thoughts.So look for more positive things from this.But do not forget-those who are in the game, they are definitely distraught-so we have nothing to lose))!!!

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not always going to post something serious. So here goes something that might be a little fun to hear from you all. Do you all talk to yourself while playing poker? Do you answer yourself while playing? What do you talk about? With all the bad beats I hear about on here, I'm sure there is a lot of cussing going on. To answer these as for me, yes I do talk to myself, and many times I catch myself answering my own talk. That part is supposed to mean I'm crazy. I sure don't doubt that. I mostly talk about what is going on at the table, but there is many things running through my mind. Last of all, I don't do any cussing. But I do say OMG and go on. Let us know what your self talk is about. GL all

When I tilt I talk to myself a lot:):):D

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, legal question, but of course, when I play according to what happens in the game, I start talking to myself mainly in consecutive losses.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again for the replies you all. Some really funny post. I caught myself trying to convince myself today at some cash tables that I have to start raising and bluffing a little more. I've been trying it too. Works sometimes. It's funny about the things we can talk ourselves into doing at the tables, but that's not the only place I talk to myself. You all should hear me at Wal-Mart. GL in the games tonight

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I talk- usually in response to someone else's actions. It's usually something like "You lucky MF," or "You called my raise with 10 3?!"

I do talk to myself in my head though with every hand- as if I am explaining to someone why I should or should not get involved in the hand. I have come to make better decisions because of it.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Most often I say this out loud to the opponent: "what cards do you have to bet so much?" .. :)

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

sometimes ... it is not recommended but hey ... there are times when it cannot be avoided ...

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all. I'm glad to see this tread is still alive. Self talk is something we all do through out the whole day. And many times we don't even realize it. But it's important. GL you all

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all. I'm glad to see this tread is still alive. Self talk is something we all do through out the whole day. And many times we don't even realize it. But it's important. GL you all

If you mean "thinking out loud", then my answer is no. When I'm focused, I do all my thinking silently, but if you happen to be in the room where I'm playing, you'd be hearing a lot of :
..Omg !
..WTF ?
..Are you fu..ng killing me ?
..That's bullshit !
..Yeah that's what I'm talking about.
..Call, call, come on, come on.
..How's your ass feel now ? huh ?
..What a fu..ng fish ! 84 ?
And so on......

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Talking to myself when I play poker, yes

Good morning everyone, yes this happens to me, especially when I'm very happy with a Mtt, when I'm playing well or when I take a bad bet.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well mostly i am throwing all my anger and frustration to the opponents (in form of the words) and especially on a stacked bully which is pushing pressure on my short stack.
Using very rude language...

V

Vinao182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, in my house, mainly haha, when I win, I scream loudly, when I lose I scream too, I keep repeating the letter aloud to beat my game, that's it, it's fun, I keep thinking about the day I'll play the live, and scream like that, it's going to be funny