flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I catch myself saying over and over again "hold, hold, hold", when I'm all in, or opponent is, and I'm ahead. And conversely: come on ace (or whatever) if I'm behind.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes I do it sometimes(not only for poker) , especially in super critical spots where I want to hear my thought process. I ask my self what he folds if I bet , what his range may be and all those common things.

Many streamers I watch began streaming because of that , they wanted to narrate their thought process. They did it for fun at the beginning but after a while they become regular poker streamers.

ps.I am not crazy (yet) because I talk to myself!! :D :D :D

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not just talkin to myself, i even shout and curse at myself when i get badbeat.[emoji3061]

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. I read them all. I talk to myself in many situations. Back when I was working, I was always talking my way through what I planned to do next. I'm a plumber and there is a lot to talk about to myself. I've always been a fast worker, and I believe that's a big part of getting things done. GL today you all

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always, it's usually after a bad beat like "Really!?! That was a snap call to a 3 bet all in pre flop? Were you ****ing thinking "I got a J,9o and i'm gonna hit a straight, so this tight player has gotta get lucky to beat me?" when you snap called 3/4 of your stack with ****ing J,9?" but it's all in my head though and of course this particular hand didn't happen today..... maybe... Well, the voice in my head says it could have....

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I usually interpret aloud what is happening at the table, what hands the other players may have and things like that, I clear I do it when I am alone ...:D

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Oh that's me I say I curse a lot

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I talk to myself all the time when playing poker. Usually I'm just debating what the best play in a situation would be, or scolding myself minutes after realizing I made a terrible play.
You gotta work on not scolding yourself, next time that happens say this affirmation "I did the best I could with the wisdom/information I had at the time" but approve of the thinking out your thought process, I feel that's an inherent advantage that streamers have minus the stress of viewers

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the new replies you all. I won the freeroll last night, and I did do a lot of talking to myself. Well GL to everyone today if you play any, and if you do any talking to yourself, I hope it's all positive.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta work on not scolding yourself, next time that happens say this affirmation "I did the best I could with the wisdom/information I had at the time" but approve of the thinking out your thought process, I feel that's an inherent advantage that streamers have minus the stress of viewers

Well put. Couldn't say it any better!

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just tell my self to stay calm when my AA's loose to k6 or any other hand

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will self talk sometimes. I play online so I will say things out loud and if my family is around they will ask me who I am talking to, or just give me a look. It can be quite funny sometimes.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know any poker player who can stay silent playing, either at the real table or online, when I lose with a good hand I talk a lot of swear words.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the time,,,i ask myself,what do the other's think of me.I want them to fear me,,,,so i act accordingly,,, (raise,,,check-raise,,,4-bets,,,all-ins.) ;) Be hard to play against,,,

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, it's correct to say that I'm not talking to myself, but to the computer, well, it's also funny

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the new replies. Be assured I read them all. What would you all say if you bluff with trash, and you get 2 or more callers, and you hit your hand good on the flop. For example, you bluff with 82o and hit a full house on the flop. I know those hands are far and few between, but we all hit them sooner or later and about fall out of our chair. GL you all today in the freeroll

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
its vital

Its vital... but makes a bit of a training to stop doing it in live games.

Thats life

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I talk a lot to myself when I play, I get annoyed when I lose a game on the last card.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i play online and am alone in the room i sometimes talk to myself. Sometimes it helps me to better analyze certain situation though i don't know exactly why talking helps.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I talk to myself, mostly cursing :D but seriously I ask myself what does he have or is he drawing?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the great replies since I been gone you all. I do a lot of self talk no matter what I'm doing or where I'm at. Like buying food, working on some wood project, or while I'm watching TV, The way it looks with all these replies, self talk is normal. GL you all.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I'm not always going to post something serious. Let us know what your self talk is about. GL all

Self talk is always fine as long as you are going to use that magnificent F-word :cool:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Rarely, but sometimes I can also talk to myself, especially if I'm in a good mood. But usually, I talk to the TV more often than to myself. :D
Good luck.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In some Situations, i analyse the Hands in this Moment i play them...It´s funny when u talk to your self and somebody answers ;)

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Most of us done that , what the f happened there? how the f did i lose there ! omg i'm so stupid ! sometimes i hit the table :D . So yhea , i did it ! It's normal.