****Salacious September Poker etc. Chat Thread****

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were going to jail for 20 years wouldn't the $20 seem like a good investment then?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
starting on sep 1 seems stoopid :(
unless u finish in may..

i have a pretty cool time table, every friday afternoon off and only 2 hours of class from 10.30 to 12.30, every 2 weeks the whole friday off
and start every day at 10.30 except for two at 9.30

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm done in april actually

last day of classes is april 12th i believe?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were going to jail for 20 years wouldn't the $20 seem like a good investment then?

wat, why would i go to jail for 20 years because i didn't buy a token? Am i going to stab the guy who tries to hack into my account but fails at the stars security code screen, then tells me i either have to stab him or tell him the code, so i stab him. If that's the case, I would most certaintly be wishing i had bought the extra security so that i could tell him the code knowing i had another line of defence

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
meh, just when the month is starting to turn around i get in 250 hands before class and
set <set
KK < 99 rivered set. AI on flop
set < turned set

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agree with vanquish, the stars security code thing you can get for free is like super awesome protection. the token is just being OCD

What is this free security code you speak off and where may I get one?

EDIT: Found it!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your analogy is terrible in so many ways

edit: hint: how is jail in any way relevant?

$20 to protect your ass in the real world might be unnecessary, but $20 for the same protection in jail is probably a good deal. Same way, a RSA token might be "OCD" for some users but make perfect sense for the person who travels and plays from public Wifi frequently. Also, while I agree the PIN system used by Stars and FTP are a good line of defense, anyone who hacks your email account can have that PIN changed as easily as changing a password.

Something you have (token) + Something you know (password/PIN) > 2 Things you know (password and PIN)

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just had ten's 8 times in a 300ish hand session which is usually sort of good but gets you in trouble but I didn't get in any tricky situations and flopped 2 sets and turned another so all's good.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people that get the RSA token seem like the same people who wore kneepads, elbowpads, a bulletproof helmet, and a life preserver while riding their bikes when they were kids

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really
i mean the pin is good protection but i hear its not 100% keylogger resistant.
if i have multiple ks online i really dont mind paying $20 once if it means those ks are more secure

is tilt doing the pin thing too now ? where is it ?

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really
i mean the pin is good protection but i hear its not 100% keylogger resistant.
if i have multiple ks online i really dont mind paying $20 once if it means those ks are more secure

is tilt doing the pin thing too now ? where is it ?

Doesn't it only work a set amount of times?

H

HipHopStoner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I finally watched The Number 23 earlier.. great movie. Though, we realized that it was September 14 after we watched the movie.

9+14=23

shocked-2.jpg

Lol, that's a classic thrill after watching a movie as horrifying as that. Horrifyingly unbearable.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think so.

it changes every minute between a set number of passwords, stars have all those passwords linked to your account. at least thats what i heard

edit: ROCKTOBER needs to be here fast-like !

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain was a ridic aggro fish that had a huge 3bet % and 100% cbet and the original caller was a huge fish aswell.
Usualy i would just 4bet here to fold out the caller but in this case i was sure i could stack atleast one of the villain if they hit any pice of the flop since neither of them has a fold button but the 3bettor had folded to 4bets in the past.
Worked exactly as planed except SB folded prf, unfortunetly the poker gods decited traping was wrong and beat me up for it :D.
ah, ok, thought you might have a good read on villain or something like that.
cheers sindri.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why have i been playing FR for the last month when this seems to be the standard play at 25nl 6max?

CO: $23.40 (93.6 bb)
BTN: $14.35 (57.4 bb)
Hero (SB): $51.25 (205 bb)
BB: $27.75 (111 bb)
UTG: $9.90 (39.6 bb)
MP: $26.45 (105.8 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with K
diamond4.gif
K
heart4.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $1, BTN folds, Hero raises to $3.50, BB raises to $6, CO folds, Hero raises to $51.25 and is all-in, BB calls $21.75 and is all-in

Flop: ($56.50) A
diamond4.gif
J
heart4.gif
A
club4.gif
(2 players, 2 are all-in)
Turn: ($56.50) Q
diamond4.gif
River: ($56.50) T
diamond4.gif

Results: $56.50 pot ($2.80 rake)
Final Board: A
diamond4.gif
J
heart4.gif
A
club4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif
T
diamond4.gif

Hero showed K
diamond4.gif
K
heart4.gif
(a straight, Ten to Ace) and won $53.70 ($25.95 net)
BB showed 7
heart4.gif
heart4.gif
(a pair of Aces) and lost (-$27.75 net)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so it turns out i was late to every lecture because the clock on my phone was 9 minutes late :/, I was leaving the house 1 minutes before lectures started, but all is well now, fixed just in time for the awsome october incoming

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
awesome october is a tautology
its like saying awesome awesome

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just completed my last point needed for my Ironman One A Day :)

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So some of you might know about my spider situation but i'll recap anyway. 3-ish spiders have decided to camp outside my bedroom window. They're only little but they ARE spiders. Last night I saw a funny nature moment.

I saw one spider slowly making its way over to another and it looked like it was ripping up its web as it went along. Then they get close and start touching each other and I think i'm about to see some spider sex (yes I was going to watch). Then it all kicks off and the web ripper gets his arse kicked and scuttles off out of sight. PWNED.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sigh used up all my luck for october in an MTT last night and didn't even win. down to 10 chips, came back to 83k to lose back to back hands vs a 48/18 AIPF
AK < 22
A9 < A8

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
sigh used up all my luck for october in an MTT last night and didn't even win. down to 10 chips, came back to 83k to lose back to back hands vs a 48/18 AIPF
AK < 22
A9 < A8

Yesterday, I saw someone shove with AKo (about 2600 with blinds at 100/200) everyone folded except the chip leader (who had about 3500) who called with 22. The chip leader flopped Quad 2's, and the guy with AKo went ballistic on the rail for about 10 minutes, lol.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday, I saw someone shove with AKo (about 2600 with blinds at 100/200) everyone folded except the chip leader (who had about 3500) who called with 22. The chip leader flopped Quad 2's, and the guy with AKo went ballistic on the rail for about 10 minutes, lol.
Not saying that was a great call given the stacks, but some people are idiots and sore losers who don't seem to grasp that ATC can win. Yesterday while multi-tabling 50NL on FT this guy from Russia went off on a couple of folks who called his big raises with mediocre hands and beat him. He kinda had a point, up until he tried to slowplay KK by limping UTG and faced a raise from a late position player with a suited connector, who flopped a flush draw. KK checks the flop, SC cbets, then the flush hits on the turn and of course KK got all of his money in behind. Then went on a 5 minute tirade, repeatedly telling the "donk" he should kill himself and that how his life was over because he needed this money as he was ill and about to die. :rolleyes: Needless to say, the table had a few choice comments for him after that. I believe his FT name was reRomeo in case anyone knows him.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not saying that was a great call given the stacks, but some people are idiots and sore losers who don't seem to grasp that ATC can win. Yesterday while multi-tabling 50NL on FT this guy from Russia went off on a couple of folks who called his big raises with mediocre hands and beat him. He kinda had a point, up until he tried to slowplay KK by limping UTG and faced a raise from a late position player with a suited connector, who flopped a flush draw. KK checks the flop, SC cbets, then the flush hits on the turn and of course KK got all of his money in behind. Then went on a 5 minute tirade, repeatedly telling the "donk" he should kill himself and that how his life was over because he needed this money as he was ill and about to die. :rolleyes: Needless to say, the table had a few choice comments for him after that. I believe his FT name was reRomeo in case anyone knows him.

Yea but 22 is still such a horrible call in a tournament with his entire tourney on the line.