Status
Not open for further replies.
bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I was reading the comments I sensed some people are using stereotypes about Russians. If there is even animosity towards them, I don't think this is the right place to let that show, so I suggest you leave that completely out if that's the case.
Whether a person is angry would be easy to notice if you're playing live, but it would be not as easy or even difficult online. There is also something I haven't read here yet and that is what in psychology is described as "stereotype threat". Stereotype threat is a situational predicament in which people are or feel themselves to be at risk of conforming to stereotypes about their social group. Russians might actually use this in online poker to their advantage. They would make you believe they are angry while holding the nuts.
In my opinion using stereotypes against another player is just ignorant and very risky.

guccipix

guccipix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anger is a universal human trait that exists independent of nationality. Bad correlation.

S

subsinind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anger is a universal human trait that exists independent of nationality. Bad correlation.

But, Russian roadrage on YouTube is beyond control unlike other places. Why do 90% of Russian drivers have car-cams on their windshields? So there is some correlation of anger and being Russians. Just my observation but nothing personal. (Putin! speaks for the country, doesn't he?)

K

kommers73

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps the Russians are more at the tables, so it seems that we often go all-in or play more aggressively? ;)

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Russians are in for the money. Then again who isn't. I don't see it as friendly competition but actually their job to make has much money as possible. I don't doubt their ability to make the situation favorable in their odds. They are proven masters of technology and internet. They will get what they want.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I do not see the difference, Russian or not Russian. Among the players of any nation there are different characters. The most interesting thing is that on Russian-language forums, they often raise the same topic. Only for the Russian aggressive and successful, those who go to Olin with 72 and win in the end, it's always Brazilians)))

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's not right to judge a player by his nationality! there are many good and successful players from Russian-speaking countries and there are many "crazy" players! it is not right!

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being on this site, I felt one more advantage of poker on myself. Poker unites people around the world who, perhaps never will see live

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russians play really aggressively...I like the style of the game with brazil.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No , they just play very aggressive

R

rafahgomez1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
tired

I hate playing a table with a Russian they always get their cards on the river when you have the best hand and for no reason known for me and the normal people they go all-in with 2 and 6 and they still got lucky to bet you pair of aces.

Fuc**d up dude!

Jooseme

Jooseme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've feel there is a lot of online collusion with Russians.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Russian guys are my favourite. NOT! I think they are the most fun players with brazilians.not all but the majority.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider the players from Russia, Ukraine and other Eastern European countries mostly kamicaz players, play to mess with the tournament because they bet everything without having any game in hand.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know anyone,expect Igor Kurganov

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand this obsession with nationality on here. Every country has donks and sharks but I will admit that sometimes there appear to be more bad from certain regions. I believe though that this is due to the bell curve. Some of the places you have mentioned have large populations. If there appears to be a frequent occurrence of "bad players" or "psycho aggressive donks" from a certain country then this is because there are MORE of each TYPE of player (bad/good) but these are still in similar proportions to other countries. There's just MORE of them online at any one time so it LOOKS like that country is represented by an army of donkeys or maniacs. But in reality they are just as good/bad as everywhere else. It's like when you look at the exam results in schools. You'll see a tiny % of people with amazing results, a tiny % with shockingly terrible results, and a large % of people who are average / good or bad. Poker is no different. The game is NL holdem. 52 cards, 13 ranks, 4 suits. Bet what you want, whenever you want. Everything else is bull***t. Ragequit

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling a whole country donks is pretty racist even if you are quoting someone else.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's not right to judge a player by his nationality! there are many good and successful players from Russian-speaking countries and there are many "crazy" players! it is not right!

Of course, this is not right if you try to adore all players.

But imagine the situation - when you just took a seat at the table in the tournament, and you need to quickly evaluate the style of the game (and most importantly - the ranges) of the players. You do not have much statistics, and you also can not rely on 5-10 hands at the table. For sure you will collect any information about the players. If it was a live game - you would watch the gestures, and the behavior of the players. But in online poker you do not have almost nothing on unfamiliar players. Will the "national" style of the game help you? (it does not matter - Russian or any other).

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've feel there is a lot of online collusion with Russians.
Do you have any evidence to support this? I'm interested to know how to spot collusion myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.