Rules question - have to show or not?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah my view of the string betting rule, at least as far as it applies to televised poker, is it's a lot like the travel rule in basketball: people are willing to overlook it as long as the infraction is minor and you do something cool afterwards :p

T

tcdukesdood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
show your cards, could be a jackpot!

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every single episode of wsop on TV is an example of where players on the river did NOT show their hole cards to receive the pot. I'm done with this convo, because it seems to be getting redundant. Have a good day

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not one single time in my decade of watching WSOP on TV or in the years I have watched WSOP streams have I ever seen it where a player was FORCED to show his hand in order to win the pot if his hand is the ONLY live hand.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every single episode of WSOP on TV is an example of where players on the river did NOT show their hole cards to receive the pot. I'm done with this convo, because it seems to be getting redundant. Have a good day

This is a funny statement....I cant remember a hand where the betting was over, and all of the players mucked the hands.....do you even understand the rule we are talking about? Be done if you wish, but I still challenge you to find me a hand shown on tv where you are 100% positive there were bets made on the river, at least one person called, all live hands mucked except one, and that one did not have to show, not even a quick flash to the other players. You cant do it - I would bet you my BCP roll.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't seem to have a dialogue without trying to put the other person down & making yourself better. I feel apathy for you. Have a good day, because this is my last response on the matter. Why would I bet anything with anyone I have never met. Please be realistic & not naive. I will grant you the last retort so make sure you attempt to put me down again & be as vitriolic as you please.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow sensitive we are. I never said anything that can be considered a put down. Do not confuse my ****y arrogance with an insult about you. I know I am riight about the rule and the way you were talking made me think you did not understand what we were talking about. Which I still stand by.

Poker Rules - Poker Games