Recreational games

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Why do recreational players have the habit of opening whenever they have an Ace and any other card in their hand regardless of the position they are in? And in addition to opening from any position, some defend until the river, calling all-in if necessary.

Have you ever played with players of this type?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see this every day playing the freerolls, especially at Bronze levels, guys limp almost every hand, call and go all-in with any pair, call to hit the river.
Occasionally, players of this type manage to reach a final table, or even win a tournament, but in the long run they are going to lose money.
There's only one way to play against these players, wait and be patient, and when you come out with a strong hand, play aggressively and get the most of their chips, now if you get into their little game you're just going to be one more.(y)

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I see this every day playing the freerolls, especially at Bronze levels, guys limp almost every hand, call and go all-in with any pair, call to hit the river.
Occasionally, players of this type manage to reach a final table, or even win a tournament, but in the long run they are going to lose money.
There's only one way to play against these players, wait and be patient, and when you come out with a strong hand, play aggressively and get the most of their chips, now if you get into their little game you're just going to be one more.(y)
Yes, you have to have a lot of emotional control, as being eliminated in a tournament by a player who goes with any hand is very frustrating. As they call or raise with any card to think they have a strong hand, and in a shuffled tournament it is sometimes a little difficult to identify them.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played against them a lot in freeroll, micros stakes. I will often control the pot and destroy them if I have a strong hand.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Always play agressive with fish players who limp most of hands.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because ignorance is a bliss mainly. Also it is fun.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I very often meet such players. They are more like bingo players than poker players. I think this approach to the game only shows a lack of skills and experience.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are aggressive players at the PS tables who don't care about their bankroll, I think that's why they play like that, they don't care if they open in any position with any pair of cards, because if they lose, it doesn't matter if they play against amateurs or professionals.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why do recreational players have the habit of opening whenever they have an Ace and any other card in their hand regardless of the position they are in? And in addition to opening from any position, some defend until the river, calling all-in if necessary.

You answered your question yourself...
They are recreational, they are there to have fun.

Give thanks for these players if you are good in the long run, they are where the profit comes from.

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm recreational player and open only in 3-4 combinations in hand. But it works. Analysis, positions, odds - for professionals. But they not playing in freerols.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it is because they are not interested and just play for fun for a while or because they are newbies and still don't know how to handle the situation and feel that just having an A in their hand could make them winners at the end of the play.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Some do it even if they don't even have an A on their hand but see an A lying on the table. I once had something like that, his bad luck was that I had the other two and that 1 A was on the turn. To be honest, I found it very amusant because he simply stayed on raising and also reraisde my reraise again. He wasn't happy when he hit the river all in and he flew out.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In micro limits happens more than should.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I have come across several like this and the worst thing is that some with luck, go far with that method, today I saw one that with that technique, was Top 30, charged for Position and took a good amount in Bounties.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes, they are called fish or ATM's & are there to be exploited. Why the strong emotions, are you under the impression that you are entitled to win any hand you choose to play?

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very often this is played by players who have nothing to lose and it does not matter to them. In order not to lose their time, they go to the last showdown and count on luck.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually this kind of players don't play to many hands, their luck is not endless. And is their right to play it like this. Have a little bit of patience and they will be out from the table.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I play with these type of players many times. I think these type of playes just want have some fun and and don't care about the long run results. But it's good for us that these players exist otherwise we would not make money.

Top 10 Games