Quit My Job and Play Poker?

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DON'T DO IT

Keep your job and play after work and on weekends .If after a year you are constantly making more playing poker than you are working you can make the move if not try another year . Keep trying till you are a winning player then make the move . No need to choose one or the other yet . you can do both.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as it may feel good to quit and live the dream make sure that you have a large roll before you jump or it could be a rough ride.

M

mrphil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not so sure thats a good idea, actually it depends :) but you should find another job :):(

endfrom

endfrom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if you know what you are doing and are confident. No matter how well you play, the dynamics in life can not be prevented. Of course, you will be backed by your goals from the game. In general, this is a good, even aggressive move, the work changes to poker. Poker is not an easy way to easily make money. No matter how deep you enter the game, remember that working on will not hurt you. Learn how to work in a poker room, try to find a hobby. Good Good and Good Think Again

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you realise you have been consistently profitting from playing poker even taking variance into consideration and you realise you're comfortably and consistently making more than your 9-5 then i guess you can consider qquiting to play for a living. However even if i am ridiculously good it would take a big win(s) like around 3 sunday mil wins for me to even consider this, as i would have a good enough bankroll to take care of me till another win. but i would have to have a hugeeeeeeeeeee bank roll to give up guarentee weekly/monthly salary.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my friend you are lucky [emoji256] man [emoji120]☝️ don't stop continue to play never give up [emoji120][emoji120] a lot of people in the world playing poker but only someone can play +poker[emoji108][emoji256][emoji256][emoji256][emoji385][emoji385][emoji385][emoji385] so good luck [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can earn at least $ 1,000 per month, you can safely quit a boring job. I still can not do it !!!

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i am fairly good at playing and can allways build my balance up playing a tight-aggressive game when i am focused. should i quit my boring Nine to five and live the dream or is that a bad move
Do it ... you'll obviously be the next Phil or Daniel. BTW, get qualified on Cardschat first and let's see how well you do in our Carschat League, then decide :)

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am fairly good at playing and can allways build my balance up playing a tight-aggressive game when i am focused. should i quit my boring Nine to five and live the dream or is that a bad move

I can tell you on my own experience - do not give up real work !!! When you realize the bitterness of life that will depend on earning poker - it will be too late ... Do you want to live better? Find another job with less employment, but earnings that ensure all your minimum needs. If you need details, I'll be happy to help with the advice. Write in private messages.

P.S. Moreover, making poker more difficult every day, and the advice of many people is not backed up by life experience.

sSAINTSs

sSAINTSs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am fairly good at playing and can always build my balance up playing a tight-aggressive game when I am focused. should I quit my boring Nine to five and live the dream or is that a bad move

Bad because win you play high stakes you over think and get into trouble.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with if u haven't had a bad mont give it time. Everyone had a downswing. Hence there is a term for it

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
horrible move, keep your job.. grind out poker.. your job will give you motivation to play better and move up.. after you quit you are dependent on playing cards, not the place you want to be.. save up, and grind.. when its time to quit your know, instead of asking a question on a forum..

if you can play at $100nl online, and grind out live successfully at least 2-5 on up.. than i would start thinking serious about leaving your job..

you can also use the $ ftom your job part time income to build for a roll live..

i was ****y and been up to $25nl and $25omaha along with $50 hu snug's playing successfully, making around 2g-3g a month on full tilt successfully back in the day.. that was nice when i was younger.. now with a wife, baby on the way, insurance, car insurance, food, bills, $ goes fast.. think smart , keep learning the game, and plan long term.

Last edited:
GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do it ... you'll obviously be the next Phil or Daniel. BTW, get qualified on Cardschat first and let's see how well you do in our Carschat League, then decide :)

249009277.jpg
Your answer is the best. First, we need to see the player, and then to advise.

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lika a one man said "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." Good luck with everything.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you really play very well, you should try
good luck:):)

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Leaving the job and trying life as a professional player is very risky because you may not be as much as you think and poker is a game of chance or luck. I think people should think very well before taking such an attitude.

N

nielrp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nielrp

This was the life I wanted

A

alexandro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its tough ill tell you i am playing live not for long you have to be really good even tight aggressive players get crack by someone like me last night live a tight player i mean tight. lost to me about 300 dollars this is how i have AK i limp someone else bet 7 dollars when it got to me I raised 21 dollars tight player push all in. flop A he lost about 120 then this hand me and him again..... i have pocket DUECES one person flod and the two show i said i should fold but i didn't again someone bet 7 i call flop A, 2, 8 same person bets 7, i raise 21 tight player said all in again i call he lost everything.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

if you really good and regularly you take profit from poker. i think that it's good idea.

M

mendez_g1122

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To make $100 a day single tabling 10NL for 5-6 hrs a day would be impossible to sustain. Even at a 10BB/100 win rate (which is unrealistic even for a lot of the best players) at 50NL, you would hardly be making around $4/hr or $8,000 a year if you played 40hrs/week. Please don't leave your day job.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
As for me, a bad move), but, as they say, who does not risk the fact that he does not drink champagne

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!
Since I didn't work , and I choice to play poker , because I love this game, and sometimes I hate this game , but I am 20 year old, and is really hard as poker player. I think you should do what you want , and I want to say is your life, choices , and mistakes.