Pro players can play all variants of poker

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Math expands the mind and develops maturity.

Even if you don't use that form of math daily - it allows your brain to grow in ways that it otherwise would not.

So your brain can be creative in ways that it otherwise would not - or see/imagine situations that it otherwise would not.

Physical treadmill not required....

Good luck !

Learning math is a tedious process and does not stimulate your brain more than solving crossword puzzles. So asking "someone who never uses math" to learn math just for the sake of his brain health is not reasonable, in my opinion. Good luck to you too!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learning math is a tedious process and does not stimulate your brain more than solving crossword puzzles. So asking "someone who never uses math" to learn math just for the sake of his brain health is not reasonable, in my opinion. Good luck to you too!

Crossword puzzles only take your brain development so far.

But math can take your brain development as far as you want to go.

You don't need to be extra proficient at math for this to work.

Math will let you "see" new things that didn't exist before....puzzles always existed before you work them.

You seem like a pessimist....sad...lol

Good luck again !

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crossword puzzles only take your brain development so far.

But math can take your brain development as far as you want to go.

You don't need to be extra proficient at math for this to work.

Math will let you "see" new things that didn't exist before....puzzles always existed before you work them.

You seem like a pessimist....sad...lol

Good luck again !

Pessimist, sad? How did you get to that conclusion? It might be from too much math... Good luck to you and your mother!

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would generally say that this is correct due to their profession and skill set. What I have noticed from friends who are wishing to become or are semi-pro (at least) have the ability to play a multitude of different versions of the game of poker.

I would also like to say that this does not make you a pro, just because you know different poker games that can be played but I think it helps the mind adapt the challenges of what it takes to become pro, regardless of the game.

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fear not the one who trains a thousand different strokes, but the one who trains a thousand times one single stroke. Bruce Lee.
I think the same is true in poker.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
know the rules and understand the game are two big differences.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
I think a professional player can only be professional in one thing. If you think you can be a professional chess player, basketball player, musician and train driver at the same time, this is highly unlikely.

You talking about different professions, here topic is about poker playing, it’s one profession, and yes, you can be good in different kind of poker games. I mainly play NLH, but I have good results in PLO, PLO hi/lo, and I have won even some small stakes stud tournaments.

K

KROT_PAKETA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there are so many types of poker, it a pain playing them all! like a chess

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always recommend specializing unless you really have a big interest in playing mixed games.

And this is because it is far better in my opinion to be an expert at one specific variant, than just decent at a bunch of them.