Preparation

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I do "things". A pot of coffee, a glass of tea, the kitchen table, review of my latest stats and I'm ready!

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My only ritual if it is good to call it that way is to put in order all my work and classes at my university to concentrate with all my senses on the game, poker requires a concentration that few take that interest.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coffee / beer
Cigarettes
Music, if there is a football game on, I put it on.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon, yes, if I am sleepy, I make a strong coffee but I try to play in silence during the game to have more concentration, but my spirituality is not always good for the game, but I lead my life like this.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a specific ritual before playing poker, I just try to play poker in a good mood.:)

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is that you always have to prepare in one way or another as long as it is an interesting tournament or that you have already been waiting for some time. For example, if it is a daily tournament, just make sure you have water, have a snack for the road and that's it, but if it is a tournament that you know you are going to be in for two days, make sure nothing is missing at home, have food just to reheat, be well rested and above all with a good attitude and patience. Regards.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

How do you guys prepare for your poker games? Do you have a specific ritual, for example - meditating, making coffee, workout etc.?

Hi again CaptainMooti. This is a good question. For one thing, I read over a lot of post here, which answers many of my questions. And if I didn't, I don't think I would run good. That's crazy ain't it? Also, I never play before noon everyday. That's my set time, and I think it may give me bad luck if I start another time. That's crazy too GL

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It usually goes like this: "Oh! It's time to play!"
I just sit down at the table and no rituals.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just try to not be hungry or thirsty as this can negatively affect your concentration.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sports, walks, good food in any business will not interfere

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tranquility

I thin, how all in your life

You need to have tranquility for your actions.
For this, you need to sleep very well in your life.

And you need to have a good food during your life, no only after day of tournament ou in the near week.

You need to have a good day after day

How do you guys prepare for your poker games? Do you have a specific ritual, for example - meditating, making coffee, workout etc.?

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm planning to play some cash games, I do not have any preparations. As long as I am fit and fresh I can hop in and play comfortably.

However, it is a tournament session, I do have a preparation "ritual"

1) I make sure no one is going to bother me (switch off my phone if needed, though I rarely have to)
2) Prepare water to drink and some snacks
3) check the lobby for the tournament schedule (if there are less than 6 tournaments within my ABI, I will not play)
4) Finally I set up my music play list and I'm ready to go :)

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prefer to clear my mind, and schedule before jumping into a session. If there's any worry ie. work/homework/chores/bills/etc I don't feel confident in my complete focus.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just grab a snack and something to drink :)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I eat popcorn. I get more focused, oddly enough. I think everyone has to find the best way to concentrate.:)

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to do everything before tournaments. I eat, feed and sing my pets. Unfortunately, I manage to do all this only by 22-23 o'clock. After that, I devote about 20-30 minutes to a semblance of meditation, trying to focus on poker and not allow other thoughts. I also turn off everything that will interfere with me during the game. I try to get into the alpha game right away.
Found this really useful literlly the opposite of what I do, Rush, do a walking meditation on break which isn't bad but yours makes more sense

J

jporter85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some a blunt

hopefully this is legal to say on this site lol.. i like to smoke my herbs it helps me relax an make good reads while playing my games

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My preparation for poker games is simple. I try to solve everyday issues before the game starts.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker ritual

I don't believe that Player poker needs a starting ritual to take part in... Just start the game and let it pop

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I don't have any rituals, I just arrange my table, make enough space and bring me something to drink to avoid getting up until the next break.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to drink coffee before playing poker. The reason is that coffee has a negative effect on gambling. A collaborative study conducted by the University of Cambridge and the University of Chicago found that people who consume coffee are more likely to make worse bets and take higher risks than those who do not.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I, for example, drink mate in my Argentine homeland, it is like a ritual, it is cultural

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case ... I always try to do all my things first ... in such a way that I do not have to be thinking that I have to do something pending .... I also try to have lunch or dinner first before starting to play. .. And finally I prepare a drink to be hydrated during the game ...!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually think about my recent mistakes. I have played for a long time. It seems to keep me on an even kill. Although I say that, I still do run into losing streaks.