Preparation

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you guys prepare for your poker games? Do you have a specific ritual, for example - meditating, making coffee, workout etc.?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t have any specific ritual before playing poker, I just try to resolve everything related to my work before start playing so I can be focused only in the game.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before Playing

I really don't have a ritual but do make sure all things I need to do are done like feeding the dogs, getting something to drink and many times shut my phone off. Best for me is to have all the must do's down so I can just think about poker with no distractions .

GL ALL ! :D

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
every hand has to have a new preparation

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its always good to eat! Not good to play poker on an empty stomach!

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually wark or run a few minutes, have a shower, and drink water or coffee before I start playing poker.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rather advise you to start playing in a good mood. I think this is an important factor for a successful game. Ritual actions are meaningless to me.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to do everything before tournaments. I eat, feed and sing my pets. Unfortunately, I manage to do all this only by 22-23 o'clock. After that, I devote about 20-30 minutes to a semblance of meditation, trying to focus on poker and not allow other thoughts. I also turn off everything that will interfere with me during the game. I try to get into the alpha game right away.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Overall, my preparation for the game is a good rest before the tournament. If I slept well and rested, I always have a good mood and thanks to this I enjoy the game.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is only one way-every day is like a war.And the most interesting thing is that you never know what kind of fight and with whom you will have to fight.So you need to be in all weapons.Tea coffee meditation in the full diet but do not forget to get good luck-it will come in handy)!!!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For many players, professional poker turns into a daily grind routine that is tiring and exhausting no less, if not more, than a regular office job.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before the start of the tournament, I finish all the obligations I have. It’s the only way I can stay focused only on the game. Then I can enjoy poker in peace. I definitely eat, make coffee, bring something sweet and I can get started.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before playing poker, I try to do my best so that nothing distracts me during the game. I prepare tea, coffee or juice depending on my mood, I also check the cigarette supplies for the evening. I select music or game stream for the background while playing poker.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just get the mood right and start out slow.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
How do you guys prepare for your poker games? Do you have a specific ritual, for example - meditating, making coffee, workout etc.?

Your question was running through my brain;) yes, I am sure that we can achieve good results if we can prepare mentally, physically and also financially, especially for slow tournaments.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coffee and techno music will close all negative emotions.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I try to get some rest first as better as possible, and to have free time for the time I will play!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do absolutely nothing special, I just sit at the table thinking that I will feel good

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The phone reminds me that I need to play soon. I sit down and play and that's it.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Specific rituals are filling the stomach and emptying the bladder.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually with a nice coffee!

Can't go wrong with a good cup during poker

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I meditate twice a day. I believe that meditation is the best preparation. Through daily meditation, I am always positive and can stay focused for a long time.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Coffee, sandwiches, .... probably that's all and that's usually enough for me. The main thing for me is a good mood.

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I need to concentrate, I'll go to the bathroom ahead of time and bring some water.