Pot limit Omaha is very Profitable game?

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO is a great game and is starting to gain a bigger gruop of people who play. It can be a bit swingy but fun to play.
Many players just go to try, and they can be played! Yes, but the game is very funny, you can not lose anything on the river!

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a couple of times I played this game, but do not have time now

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a couple of times I played this game, but do not have time now

Be sure to try your hand at this game! I hope it will bring you much joy and money! But first read the theoretical instructions, that would not be disappointed!

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It only takes 5 minutes to teach a complete idiot how to play preflop 95% optimally in NLH, the same cant be said about PLO, it takes 6 minutes.

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like omaha, I play quite a lot until the variations (omaha 5 cards / courchevel)

However, I like to play in MTTs, not cash.

Pot limit and no ante addition helps a controlled game

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot limit Omaha is very profitable game, but you need to count on numbers only, need more studying and game itself is harder.

T

Thubb47

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is a great game to play to switch things up and yes it can be very profitable

A

alex trinh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omaha is way more fun to play than texas holden for me but theres so much more variety that its very easy to lose

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omaha is way more fun to play than texas holden for me but theres so much more variety that its very easy to lose

If the game brings pleasure and fun, this is the most important thing !!

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it just got done a game not to long ago. I hate hi/lo i dont want to split pots with no one. lol

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Man.....

Thank you, very nice to hear good reviews! Even a little approval of the executed quality game is nice for me! The time spent studying the game and the practical exercises were not in vain!

C

cardshark777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the guys I know that got into plo ended up going broke and their poker careers were over. Only a hand full of guys make it using solvers and software to get an edge. Or they are doing it in collusion rings. If your not doing that your not going to make it. There is to much variance in plo to many ways to get bad beat. I don't buy into jnandez making all the money he did either. He couldn't even get past 50nl on his bankroll challenge. He said he made over 100k on poker stars I don't believe him. Every time i watched him he was making bad decisions and usually finishing the sessions a loser. And he plays way to tight. The eq run very close so he is making a big mistake constantly folding. He got in his head cause he ran into some coolers to be a nit. all the top players play very loose. Cumicon with one of the best graphs ever won around 7m played almost 100% of hands and he confirmed that the eq run so close no need to fold. And the top 6 max players play very wide range. if you play to tight your gonna get killed by rake and blinds. If you play to loose again your gonna get killed on rake because the pots are huge. So unless your gonna play the mid to high stakes you wont beat the rake period. Your going to have 20 to 30 buyin downswings that can't be avoided in plo and add in the rake and blinds not many can beat it.

P

panapper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO can be tough for some players, odds of 4 of kind, flushes, straights and full houses also greatly increase as you have 4 cards to help make a hand using your 2 best from those 4. its also possible to run into set over set quite commonly.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate getting two pair, 4-card straight/flush, set, or quad in my hand... Most of my outs are gone before first bet. Very fun but at the same time frustrating game

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's getting to be a tougher game. I like it. But you could get an edge easier but it's getting more popular now.

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play it often. My understanding is that it can be very profitable but the variance can be brutal.

Top 10 Games