Poker is very much a guessing game, just like a psychic predicting the future.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There is no one born who knows the whole future, so we will never learn poker 100%
Sorry to say that but I couldn´t disagree more to both of the statements you made, the one quoted and the headliner as well.
Poker is a game of probabilities and prediction not a guessing game. Although some (BAD) players may think it is and therefore play it as a guessing game.
Those are the weapons to master or at least understand.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you have been playing poker for a long time you will realize that this is certainly a game that needs luck, but it is also a game that requires a lot of control, and if you play carefully you will understand that you don't have to be a psychic to see how players play, you need to play against the opponent's range of hands and you don't have to play a guessing game: Roflmao:

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well, professional players can't win all hands. That doesn't mean they don't understand poker 100%. They play by calculating probabilities and trying to achieve the best percentage of victory. Maybe they don't win every tournament, but over a thousand tournaments, they will likely achieve better results than normal players in the same number of tournaments.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the only guessing is how much does the OP know about poker?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is no one born who knows the whole future, so we will never learn poker 100%
I agree, we will never learn how to play poker 100%, that's true. But I strongly disagree that poker is a guessing game. This attitude of yours towards the game shows a lack of skills and experience. If you treat poker as a guessing game, then in other words, poker is a game of bingo for you. Playing bingo instead of poker will never make you a successful player.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
However, it is not entirely true that poker is a guessing game! It is true that there is no 100% hand after the deal, but you can infer quite a lot! That's why I would rather call it a game of probability calculation, logic and luck...!

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Every now and then you need a bit of luck

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The game has changed a lot since the poker boom. But while some are shaking with fear, others continue to print millions.In short, the game has changed. In some ways it has become more difficult. But human nature is such that we often perceive change too painfully.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you do have the ability to reduce the guesses and actually make an educated guess. players tendencies, odds, tells, etc.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A 'psychic' predicting the future has no basis to speak. Of course, if you regularly drive at 300 km/h, you might have a basis to think that you'll have some accident, but the point is understood. I don't think it's the same because in poker, at least, there's a path to follow, the possibilities are clear, finite. It's true that there are always things you don't know, you don't have all the information, but you can take into account the cases that can arise.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If learning poker has the capability to predict every had every time and always win, then the game would become pointless. Just like all forms of gambling. Its risk and chance(luck).
If you think that you can definitely achieve this ability to win every time. Then good for you. Better for me. Tee he hee.

If believe so?
Please take your meds if you have them.
I advise you to speak to someone if not.

B

burba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
As there was a KI trained and beat the best human Poker Players that shows that it should be possible to learn it.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
While poker does involve an element of uncertainty and bluffing, it also requires strategic thinking, probability assessment, and skillful decision-making based on available information. Unlike psychic predictions, poker outcomes are influenced by players actions and the dynamics of the game

Top 10 Games