Is poker tougher?

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are more poker players and poker sites let it as Bingo now.

hours of late-register & end-less re-buy are another reasons cause it tougher.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are more poker players and poker sites let it as Bingo now.

hours of late-register & end-less re-buy are another reasons cause it tougher.

thats it

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure, for me I'm playing better I think. But if I had to say, I think it is a little weaker play from a bigger percent of players.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
well, I didn't play 20 or 30 years ago so i really don't have the right to say one way or another, but I definitely believe that it is tougher today because of all information/knowledge available today.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While the rules of the game have remained intact, how the game is played changes. As more info becomes available online and on TV, the average player is more knowledgeable today and it is tougher to bully or bluff them off their hand.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely tougher than the 2003 years after the Moneymaker boom, those were some good years! Feels about the same as 5-10 years ago, maybe just a bit tougher in the games I'm playing.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think poker is hard before than today. Today we have the technology to take advantage like poker tracker.

PokerTracker (HoldemManager) PokerOffice (< where my name came from) have been around since online poker began. It's nothing new. And actually, pre 2010 there was other software available that was similar to PT & HEM but gave players a big advantage (ie. PokerCrusher & PokerEdge) they also had a huge database of hands/stats. the person could access where they didn't even need to be on the table when these hands were taking place... actually every hand their opponent had played online).
They also had other stuff available pre 2010 like a site called PokerTableRatings that kept track of every single hand played on cash tables.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Could not agree more with both mina271 and finaltable1 - the game now is dumber than ever.

Okay, admittedly I am swimming in the shallows and expect things would improve at the higher stakes, but all I see is a level of dumb like never before and I hate to say this but the pandemic just seems to have encouraged a bingo mentality.

That said whilst I pose things might improve at higher stakes, lets face it there is plenty of wild play regularly seen on some of the better known streams.

The game is FAR tougher these days than it was 10+ yrs. ago. It's not even close!

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think its changed the same, I have changed ,patience , and learned to fold more I think,

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I think so.

Due to the technology currently available for learning to play and the professionals who teach, I think so.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any game gets more difficult to beat over time as the baseline knowledge level increases. A player needs to keep working to stay ahead of that curve, and figure out how to successfully transfer understanding to new variants and formats ahead of the field.

Last edited:
recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

Is poker tougher now compared to five or ten years ago?
Certainly.
The concepts of poker are now well known to players.
Previously only a few had this information and took advantage. Today is much more difficult.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker agressive 100 % show boll