Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The variance affects everyone. I think it takes several years to accept the game. The best approach is to focus on good decisions and not on short-term results.

The original question is about swings. This answer clearly addresses the issue - do not focus on the short-term. Focus on the long-term, and on continually improving your game. A swing of four or five hands is not a swing - it is a blip. Swings happen over months and as other have said, over hundreds of hands, or even dozens of sessions.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well a person can totally cause their own bad swings. Playing angry or tilting is the best way. Or playing when you are tired and can't concentrate properly.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agree.. those are bad decisions that happen before you even look at the cards..and playing tired or while you are under stress increase your chances of tilt.. I have definitely noticed this in my game.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no luck in poker. You just have to be in wright time and wright place. With that i mean , wright cards in wright time and pot is yours.