Is póker as stressful a game as it seems?

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, very streessfull, as it requires as lot of patience. If you are a yogi, you might see it as a kind of math meditation, but I don't.
Certainly meditation and Yoga, good tools to just receive what You got when connected with the table, or call the bluffs if You will, You don't expect to win with Your beautiful AA always isn't it?

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends, if you are already a stressed person you will get even more stressed, especially with the painful bed beats.

but if you are looking to improve your stress, poker will also help you with that, to have more patience to wait for good hands.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a little stressful for me, but not as much as it seems.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play poker to destress! Firing up a few tables and concentrating on the games is a great way to unwind and forget about everything else!!

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
As long as you feel like you're playing well and understand that that's the key to playing poker, it shouldn't cause you stress.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me, poker is fun. But sometimes it causes a lot of negative emotions 😀

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, a good poker player should be stress-resistant, several bad beats in a row can make you mad, angry, enter into a tilt, and this is not to be allowed.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't think so, it's just cards and math... I find the people more stress inducing😉

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Sometimes it's more stressful than it seems when you play well. Or at least try to and lose against totally ridiculous hands and when you're faced with weird moves that sometimes make you lose patience and you end up exploding and starting one at a time. play bad. Personally, sometimes I stress more than I should.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it's stressful you shouldn't play.

I play, even if I never hit my flush and the guys take my chips with their flush, even if they're tripping all the time, having pocket pair or not, I'm still happy.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Weirdly enough the most stressful I've found is when your deep ITM, going good and have a big stack 🤷

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it gets stressful but you enjoy the challenge it's all fine.

Top 10 Games