Poker as sport

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a sport but not like the others, that is, handball football. It is a sport where you do not put physical effort because you are sitting on a chair in bed or elsewhere but you make mental effort.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! Anyway for Poker necessary a Great Health:cool:, patience, industriuosness,
and many other of Qualities, as and Luck:angel:, of course, as in any kind of Sport, that to get
the Good Results! :) Therefore, I think, is not big difference: we considering Poker,
as Sport or not...:rolleyes: But this is only my private opinion...:smile: And main, Good Luck Everybody!;):):D

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the answer is very clear, and it is that poker is a "mental" sport like chess, and it does not require physical efforts like sports, they simply fall into another category, but to say that poker is not a mental sport. It is like saying that chess is not either, and since physical sports have many similarities and one of them is that they are competitive, where there are winners and losers, where there are rankings, there are prizes, and where the best wins, they are different categories and that's all

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sport is physical activity, and poker is nerves and stress.:)

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think live poker is more akin to a sport in that you need body control, or a "poker face" .. I've watched programs where players heart rate has gone over 180 BPM in a cash game so I could definitely see why people call it a sport, certainly very competitive and fun!

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider poker to be a sport as well as chess has a lot of logic and something that is considered a sport

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I think of sport I think of something physical. Poker however is a brain game, a game of risk and reward, a game of luck. In poker you could do everything perfectly right and still lose, because of the luck that plays the role in the game. That’s why I wouldn’t consider it as a sport, I don’t think sport is a game of luck. It’s a game of pure skill and some risk.

polar1ze

polar1ze

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sport for the mind I guess. And certainly the sphincter :eek::D:D:D:eek:

P

profressorsmith

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker is a sport then chess is a sport

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand poker as a mental sport that provides leisure for practitioners.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In sports, talent and skills play an important role, in poker, in my opinion, luck plays the main role, and then everything else.