Chips
Es un deporte mental....saludos....

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A sport should involve an intense activity of the muscles so if you believe poker does that than my answer is yes you may consider poker is a sport.:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Actually no

What qualifies a activity as a sport if i rember my days a PE college is:
A unbendable set of rules that is ensured by a federation or higher organization.

So no, poker is not a sport because theres no central poker organization like Fifa or USCF (for chess) yes, chess is a sport.

I hope i cleared your and the op doubts

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, poker can be considered a sport.
Given that chess is considered a sport, I see no reason why poker can not be considered a sport.

Sorry but oppinions dont matter in such subject, for it to be a sport it needs to fit ceirtain requirements.

For instance: you can consider bleach water because it looks like it, but has smell and taste and you wouldnt want to drink it.
Cheers

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me is not considered as a sport, but as entertainment and very good for the brain.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
actually I consider poker as an anti-sport , the hours you spend sitting and swallowing junk food ,are doing nothing but making you gain a lot of weight :)

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me its some kind of sports because you can be better by praticticing...

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say yes because its a competition of survival and strategy of psychology and gameplay.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think quite easily, in it you need to know no less information for an ideal game than a chess player for playing chess. Moreover, in live tournaments, sitting in one place all day is quite tiring and requires very good physical preparation.

J

Joonhi93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider it a sport, it lacks many aspects to be a sport.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In sports, move is important to me. So i don't think so... but great "mind" game.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, in my opinion sports requires physical activity and no luck involved ( 99-100% skill) unlike poker which doesnt require neither of them to succeed at least in the short term...

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Poker can be anything ... that will depend on the approach that each person takes ... for some people it will be a hobby, for others it will be a job, for others it will be a sport ...! Anyway ... any way you look at it ... poker generates passion for playing it ...!

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Espn feels contrary to it not being a sport. I feel it is indeed a sport.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that tournament poker is more a sport than a game of chance. And sport is intellectual, it requires intelligence and great experience.

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sport of the mind, and our mind must always be worked on

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes it is a sport that works your mind, just like chess.
There are people who think that sport is only one that works the physical part of the body and forget that the mind also has to be worked and worked a lot. And the mental fatigue is sometimes greater than the physical.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sorry but oppinions dont matter in such subject, for it to be a sport it needs to fit ceirtain requirements.

For instance: you can consider bleach water because it looks like it, but has smell and taste and you wouldnt want to drink it.
Cheers

Each of us has the right to his own opinion.
I believe that poker is a sport that has all the necessary and characteristic features.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I think I play poker because it is my passion, it is my day to day, I do it because I am really passionate about the game, I am not an impulsive player, or a gambler who despairs, or has to go out to steal to gamble or do wrong things , I think that I have matured as a player and I have already lived those stages, and I burned them, the game is always bad, as long as I dominate you, if you dominate it you will have control of the game and your life, and everything will flow and great doors will open for you, and better opportunities.

If you lose, don't bother, understand that you gave your best ...

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's about the only Sport I can participate in nowadays, I get breathless climbing the staircase to bed every night (lol). Seriously, if Chess was considered a sport then I would say yes Poker is just as much a Sport as Chess! But I don,t see it getting into the Olympic's any time soon.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Each of us has the right to his own opinion.
I believe that poker is a sport that has all the necessary and characteristic features.

Words and concepts have meanings and definitions that are there despite our opinions. That is the foundation of comunication.

For it to be a sport it needs a unbendable set of rules ensured by a central federation. And poker does not have that

Last edited:
P

Pocmcfc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you consider chess a sport?

Both are games which can be exciting and interesting to watch which deal on subtle intricacies between opponents and the one with the greater knowledge would normally win.

Is it a sport? No, and neither is poker regardless of how much fun it is. The same goes for e-gaming.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you consider chess a sport?

Both are games which can be exciting and interesting to watch which deal on subtle intricacies between opponents and the one with the greater knowledge would normally win.

Is it a sport? No, and neither is poker regardless of how much fun it is. The same goes for e-gaming.

Chess is a sport tho :confused: