Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I was a little younger (I was learning the cards values, the rules, etc.), I was playing poker only for entertainment. But now I'm learning the basics of the poker tatics to play an online freeroll tournament as an amateur. And this fact in my life made me ask a question to myself: "Does the people study poker? Or they actually play only just for fun?".

So... what do you say for me? Are you a casual poker player? Or you have an objective/goal playing poker?

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Oh this game is pretty addictive! You start playing freerrolls, but with each success you become confident that you can do more and much more! And you start playing more and more, and the stakes are getting bigger and bigger! And bang! You're getting addicted to the game! This is exactly how I ended up in the day. I don't know about you. Get yourself tested. Don't play for a week. Just one week. And you should feel what poker is for you! (A fun game to kill time or is it already an addiction.)

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I personally take studying very seriously in the same way as playing poker. I'm interested in dedicating myself full time to this but it requires too much time that I don't have right now. Maybe when I have more freedom to play and I can manage to win some good tournaments. I can dedicate myself 100%.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When I was a little younger (I was learning the cards values, the rules, etc.), I was playing poker only for entertainment. But now I'm learning the basics of the poker tatics to play an online freeroll tournament as an amateur. And this fact in my life made me ask a question to myself: "Does the people study poker? Or they actually play only just for fun?".

So... what do you say for me? Are you a casual poker player? Or you have an objective/goal playing poker?
You could reduce poker players down to two types; 'recreational' and 'serious'....

Some recreational players will study, all serious ones will. Extensively if they're smart! :D

I stay casual while playing seriously and most definitely have objectives and goals with poker. ;)

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
For me it's just entertainment, a hobby. But I'm serious about my hobby's, and thus also take poker serious. I enjoy it a lot, but I don't enjoy it if I start messing about.

So studying and actively trying to increase BR it is for me. But if I don't have time to play for a while, I'm good with that!

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I played for several teams and I'm already profitable in micro stacks, but poker is any profession you have to dedicate yourself to studying, if you study, develop a healthy life routine (mental and physical) and off poker routine you can get several results.
The study of poker is a tool that gives you the knowledge for the final value of the game because without struggle there are no final results!! at the moment I have poker with a small income because I don't dedicate myself as I should to become a main income. more certainly, poker can still be profitable because there are many recreational players and people still make a lot of mistakes at the tables. glglglgl :)

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, there are those who study on a daily basis for up to 3 hours

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Some people just play for fun and some are serious. And there are those who alternate between the two styles.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Interesting question. Me personally, since I have such a strange and odd poker game, have never studied the game. I am actually afraid if I were to "study" the game it would interfere with my success.

I think it would be VERY hard to be a serious poker player on freerolls or low stake games, because there is almost always someone at the table that is a wild or crazy player. The higher the stakes the more "serious" you could take the game...... As for me I play for entertainment value. Although I am up close to $3000 at this time I feel like my game is no where near strong enough to play high stakes poker and I only play up to $5 entries.

Great question. Thanks for asking and making me think about this!!

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These days I'm taking poker very seriously. In addition to studying every day and participating in tournaments, I always try to improve. Yes happy with results but never satisfied!👊💪

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If serious - it should take away a lot of nerves without big profit. It's better for entertainment.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
My thing is to have fun, but it's not fun for me to lose, I study, see hands, listen to the great players and try to improve.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
99.9% I play poker for fun or to detach myself from everyday life but this can change if I set my mind to something.
I still haven't studied anything about poker in twenty years, I wish I had time.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think you can do both at the same time.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I love playing poker. I play everyday. I study for an hour everyday before bed. But I have no illusions of being some future pro. I pay to play poker, that makes it entertainment (which I have a budget for). Pros get paid to play poker, which makes it a job ( and a darn hard one at that)!

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes take it too seriously when I see bad players shove back to back times in a freeroll with lol 75o , 75o with a lot of BBs like 50+ BBs or even 25+BB, lol and win each time or keep hitting those luck box hands while I'm doing my consistent fold against their donk plays.

Or if I'm playing stud8 and they know I have a high hand like Im raising with a Q in the door, lol but still insist to chase me down with a razz hand like 2 3 7 or some spaced out hand and they're just playing for at best, half the pot and miraculously without any thought or intention back into a high hand like a straight while those straight cards they need are folded or I have one in my hand and scoop the pot, lolol.

I mean I know they're just . . .I don't need sharkscope to know what they are but its a clear indicator that I need a break from playing and that these bad players are finally getting to me,lol

Do I take it seriously, no. I wouldn't be wasting time playing freerolls and nonsense.

I'm trying to build up that tolerance to those awful players again doing awful silly moves to me while and trying to keep my sanity and realizing theyre awful players while building up that discipline to avoid their donk plays.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am a regular poker player. For me, this is nothing more than entertainment. But I know that this pastime of mine, in addition to pleasure, can also bring money, so I try to be a patient and disciplined player.

waitandblead123

waitandblead123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
for me, poker is entertainment

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everyone decides to play for fun or professionally. I'm playing for fun.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it is serious enjoyment. I play because I enjoy the competition, and add to that enjoyment by improving my knowledge and skills. Most people who engage in any hobby are serious about getting better at it.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on what goal the player initially sets for himself. My goal is to enjoy the game, get high, and if everything goes well, then also win money. If I start playing poker professionally, then playing poker will turn into a job for me, and I would not want to turn my favorite pastime into a job. I like to play poker when I have the desire, good mood and free time. There are special funds that invest money in online players, but the player needs to sign a contract for about 3000-4000 tournaments and play at least 400 tournaments every month. In addition, these funds have coaches who periodically conduct training, and the player needs to constantly train in order to play in a plus. I have 3 friends who play from such funds. This is the case when poker turns into work.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play casually for fun and to learn a little more about the game of poker. I play in my spare time outside working hours and I really like the online modality, because that way I can manage my availability to play.