Can Poker Ruin a Friendship/Relationship?

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Webwebber. It shouldn't affect your friendship. If not they weren't a real rlfriend anyways.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lose on purpose never, he is the one who must rethink his game when he plays at a table next to you and if for that is reason to end the friendship so be it!

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lose on purpose never, he is the one who must rethink his game when he plays at a table next to you and if for that is reason to end the friendship so be it!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Why so cruel to approach this problem! Each of us commits acts that in a few years we perceive differently! That's because your poker game 2 years ago, for example, was completely different? We learn and overestimate their actions!

S

sonebrate996

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course not. Then it is not friendship just shit :D

L

lgcmn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i play poker with my friends.. Most of the time we play just for chips (no money), but sometimes we play for money - max 10$ for entering the game.. And such way of playing will never harm your relationships with friends..
Play for Fun not for money and everything will be ok..

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is possible, but this relationship can not be so strong

FeRRi0

FeRRi0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know, when you got your 2 cards - you should play and win, you should show your best game vs your friend, girlfriend, grandmother etc.. If you start play - play, and show your best. There is no place for relationship here

Rinat Akhmadullin

Rinat Akhmadullin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can not destroy friendship, I do not know how it can be, but relationships can be destroyed.

M

mstefanos666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A real friendship can't be ruined by poker! If someone cares more for money than for you then he doesn't deserve you!

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise strongly to never lose on purpose in poker even if your playing your grandma for her life savings account lol. I cannot agree more Farseer if their is money involved there is NO Friend at the poker table! If your friend wants to ruin your relationship over losing money to you, I think he wasn't really a good friend to begin with. Money makes the world go around so for God's sake dont lose on purpose.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A real friendship can't be ruined by poker! If someone cares more for money than for you then he doesn't deserve you!

Why do we think that all people should be ideal? Why can not we take one step back? If a friend perceives his losses very much, why should he do more pain?

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doing other things along with poker makes you more interesting, gives you more future opportunities, and will make you a more balanced person able to maintain relationships with girlfriends and family.

C

cjhanas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that depends on just how much or how often you are beating him. If it's 80% of the time, or 80% of his bankroll, or thereabouts, friendship would most definitely take its toll no doubt.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that depends on just how much or how often you are beating him. If it's 80% of the time, or 80% of his bankroll, or thereabouts, friendship would most definitely take its toll no doubt.

Now we have closed this topic! We just do not play at the same poker table! There are many other common interests that do not create problems! Everything is fine, he and I are satisfied with the relationship at the moment!

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If people are adequate, then there is no

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with a friend often at the table in poker, there is such a thing. It when we play at the same table, constantly loses chips. When I'm not at the table, or I'm not playing, he's fine, he's in the "plus". And this situation is repeated more than once. This led to the fact that he came out of the game when I sat down at the table. Then even further , he began to avoid a General poker game with me! maybe I need to slow down a little and lose some hands? Very often when I play with him, my winnings only occur because of simple luck. Yes, it's just what the strip not luck he had with the game personally with me! A reasonable explanation for this no, his older hands lose on the river my even trash hands!
Question - for the sake of friendship sometimes we must lose in poker?

If you are friends with people, then you have to sacrifice something for other people, this is the meaning of friendship) Help and give in to each other! It's not only right but also nice for yourself) Why do not you talk to your friend, especially if you think that you win only because you are more lucky)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are friends with people, then you have to sacrifice something for other people, this is the meaning of friendship) Help and give in to each other! It's not only right but also nice for yourself) Why do not you talk to your friend, especially if you think that you win only because you are more lucky)

I fully agree with you, so it is necessary to do it! Such opinions as we have very little! It's nice to hear a man who has a similar point of view!

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And also have friend and we go in live tounement together and when someone kick off the tourney soon he play in cash game. And I give him or he give me some $$$ to play and risk to double up. If he make some $$ we split if not we return back at home. Sometime my friend make money sometime I make money and sometime my friend loose and so. We are friend. We can handle it.

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the table i think its very unusual... but if you trading you social life for poker, it can be

C

caio cesar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen close friends arguing about a poker hand during a $10 homegame. I don't know, sometimes people can get really competitive and say things they regret later.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't take home games seriously. But I have lost a lot of respect for a poker friend who would criticise my strategies and lose a lot more. I don't need those people around me.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your friend lose to much money to you, it may create a bitter end.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, If anything, poker has helped to make friends. I have teached some ppl I know how to play the game properly and its a nice hobby to share as poker plays always want someone to share their best/worst moments with.