Can Poker Ruin a Friendship/Relationship?

MIljanho

MIljanho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crucial question

Do you have enough time to play poker and for the family at the same time?
Or you have the feeling that someone suffers from a lack of time?

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play poker with your family. You're welcome.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My poker suffers cause my kids are small and take most of my time

T

TheLango

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a balance is important for me, I know someone who grinds poker 16 hours a day 7 days a week basically, they are a winning player, but that is a very lonely, empty lifestyle imo. But ultimately that's a question for each individual to answer for themselves.

Willroquefan

Willroquefan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have problem because my wife plays poker too,so she understands me.Thanks God!

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly when wife/kids are at work/school and asleep. I miss some time playing for sure but family>poker. One day the kids will be grown and off doing there own thing and I'll be wishing they were small again so I enjoy missing some poker action every now and then.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, time is not so important as much as quality, it is important for both poker and family

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not have the opportunity to play with a poker table friend, my opinion is that your friend would have lost that day and that you did not play for the same table as he did.

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't really sound like a friendship at all to me. Just sounds like two guys with the same hobby arguing..

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can become an addiction, and any addiction can cause frendship or relationship to break. Probably due to incentive to lie about the addiction.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I sometimes play cash games with a friend or with friends at the table, but I don’t really like it because I can't raise high bets at the table or play all-in against my friends because they are angry with me and are offended by what I raise and sometimes I win against them, now I just try to play on other tables without friends so that I have more chances to win and that friends will not be angry with me, and in the tournament we all play with friends and for all the game goes well without offense!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I think that playing with friends at the table can lead many players to insults and many other misunderstandings, I try to play very little with friends at the same table so that I do not have sorrows and grudges against each other with my friends!

Y

ydrezende

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with a coworker friend of mine and I definitely feel that we play more aggressive, so luck come in to play a lot more, I think. That is something to keep in mind.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with a friend often at the table in poker, there is such a thing. It when we play at the same table, constantly loses chips. When I'm not at the table, or I'm not playing, he's fine, he's in the "plus". And this situation is repeated more than once. This led to the fact that he came out of the game when I sat down at the table. Then even further , he began to avoid a General poker game with me! maybe I need to slow down a little and lose some hands? Very often when I play with him, my winnings only occur because of simple luck. Yes, it's just what the strip not luck he had with the game personally with me! A reasonable explanation for this no, his older hands lose on the river my even trash hands!
Question - for the sake of friendship sometimes we must lose in poker?
It doesnt sound to me he is happy playing cards at the same table as you. May be he thinks his luck changes with you at the table with him. Even still a real friend should give a reason why and not just fade away. I enjoy playing with my friends and family at the tables to me it is more fun.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Money can ruin all relationships if you let it.

B

brettlums

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only way you could lose a friend at the poker table is if you're slow rolling and needling them. Outside of that its a game of odds and if they're making the wrong plays that shouldn't effect a friendship.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true friendship nothing can destroy! poker is just a game!

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I would never play for cash against my friends, just to be sure.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a friend. He plays micro bets and tries to bluff all the time. and basically everything loses) playing big. as he loses everything, he constantly asks me for a debt))

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
neither women nor poker, nothing can destroy male friendship

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If done wrong. Relationship will be strained and feelings will be hurt.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it can. That is most important balance you should make between poker and family/friendship. You should pay attention and invest time to your beloved and friends and steal time for poker :). But the friends and family are first.

P

pablolechard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yes, because people have differences optics about poker, is not only money, is passion for gambling.

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with a friend often at the table in poker, there is such a thing. It when we play at the same table, constantly loses chips. When I'm not at the table, or I'm not playing, he's fine, he's in the "plus". And this situation is repeated more than once. This led to the fact that he came out of the game when I sat down at the table. Then even further , he began to avoid a General poker game with me! maybe I need to slow down a little and lose some hands? Very often when I play with him, my winnings only occur because of simple luck. Yes, it's just what the strip not luck he had with the game personally with me! A reasonable explanation for this no, his older hands lose on the river my even trash hands!
Question - for the sake of friendship sometimes we must lose in poker?

It is fine if you plan on becoming a losing poker player. You think a baseball batter eases up on his friend if his friend is pitching? Hell naw. He tries to hit a ****ing home run. Perhaps even harder. This is how a pro plays the game.

Do you want to play like a pro? If yes, then take money from your grandma, your friends, and your girlfriend.

Take no prisoners.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing for money there is no friendship at all..Just tell him you are gonna play other tables and if he doesn´t like it,it´s his problem..