Poker Rituals?

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any rituals, but I have thought about doing some. But my goal is to be professional first and then to live like one of them. I work hard every day to achieve my dreams.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the whole purpose is to get oneself to a state of not being distracted from the game. Some people go thru a set of rituals for that purpose. Others make sure drinks and snacks are prepared and readily available without distraction. I like to clear my mind of unnecessary distractions caused by everyday life. AND one guy I knew had no preparation, he showed up, sat down and once the cards were dealt he zoned in and nothing could penetrate his bubble. You could have told him that his house was on fire and his family was trapped and he would have told you to call the fire department and let them handle it and continued to play cards, never missing a beat.
Whatever worx for you.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If it is a big tournament, I go to calm down and prepare for eating, drinking and playing quiet music..But if it is a regular tournament, I can play while I am a driver 🤣

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happy Monday, everyone! How do you start your morning?

Professional poker players swear by their pre-game rituals to ensure a successful session. From meditation to exercise. I'm not a professional poker player, but somehow I meditate, eat a full breakfast meal while checking my emails, and then start playing poker for the whole day.

Do you your own pre-poker rituals?
I do not believe in rituals or Carma or luck. I do not think meditation is a ritual as the previously mentioned ones are. It is, I think an excellent why to to focus your mind and get prepared a game. So is jogging for some people-

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The main pre poker ritual - is a proper rest

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have a ritual but i don't like to start playing when i have something important to do.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Professional poker players swear by their pre-game rituals to ensure a successful session. From meditation to exercise. I'm not a professional poker player, but somehow I meditate, eat a full breakfast meal while checking my emails, and then start playing poker for the whole day.

My morning always starts very late and it always starts with coffee. I don't have any special rituals, my main conditions for playing poker are the availability of free time and a good mood.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't do any meditation when I play online tournaments, because bots almost never make mistakes.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The main thing is to sleep well and eat well. And then you can play.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I don't have any rituals. For me, poker is a hobby, just entertainment, and in order to have a good time, I personally don't need rituals or special training :)

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't play poker throughout an entire day anymore.

I believe there's a diference between routine and ritual.

There's routines and habits that enables a sharper mind and healthier body all of which will inherently provide higher chances of success at the felt.

Man... I'm going through a philosophical wander here... Hehe...

Anyways, usually before a game (which are online) I put a calming instrumental music (has to be instrumental only, singing takes away my focus.) wearing headphones to damp noisy distractions. Bring awareness to my breathing. There's also an effective breathing technique inspired in the calming effects of sighing I may resource to.

Guess that's it.

Wish y'all great moments at felt.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, a little concentration helps with everything, not just poker, but I don't usually do that, but in my opinion the best thing is to rest, if you're rested, you have a good mind.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you feel better doing a ritual before playing, just do it, i don't believe in it

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
nothing fancy for me ...... my ritual is to finish breakfast , use the toilet ,and then login !

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
my poker ritual is pretty much same every day.
Start laptop, read emails, open poker client, find a game and play.
lol