Poker Rituals?

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happy Monday, everyone! How do you start your morning?

Professional poker players swear by their pre-game rituals to ensure a successful session. From meditation to exercise. I'm not a professional poker player, but somehow I meditate, eat a full breakfast meal while checking my emails, and then start playing poker for the whole day.

Do you your own pre-poker rituals?

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips

Professional poker players swear by their pre-game rituals to ensure a successful session. From meditation to exercise. I'm not a professional poker player, but somehow I meditate, eat a full breakfast meal while checking my emails, and then start playing poker for the whole day.

Don't know of you can call it a ritual, but I make sure everything on my to do list for the day is done so I can play poker in peace without my girlfriend nagging about some things undone 🤣

I also usually go for a long walk with my dog before I enter a game

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I just try to finish everything before playing poker after watching movies, I'm lying on the bed, eating delicious food in front of the computer and a little bit of water so I don't go anywhere and finally I play poker

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

My ritual before playing poker is to make a cup of coffee before the game and be as calm as possible. I don't like to start playing poker when I'm nervous, maybe I should do some more meditation before the game?🤔

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't do anything specific, what I try is to have a very good breakfast, have water available to drink during the day and have my music playlist ready, I don't have a ritual, my routine is very basic

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually sleep before tournaments, after waking up, a relaxing bath, and of course a very strong coffee with cookies. oh I'm ready.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally looking to play in a good mood and well rested. Started not drinking the night before. Not as young as once was and hangovers are not good for me.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
There is no better ritual than rest to have an active and fresh mind to unload the tables

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have none what so ever, do not believe it. Just sit down and play what I am dealt.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I eat a lot enough to keep me 7-8 hours :)...how knows maybe eventually I will make that final table that is going to change my life :)

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Interesting about meditation pre-game ! I usually do in game breathing exercise , to calm myself !

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
definitely a good night's sleep, fresh food, debts paid and time available to spend hours during a tournament. Of course, chocolate, coffee, beverages in general, cigarettes for smokers, and so on. There must be an environment that makes the player more comfortable and comfortable to make decisions

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
I run every morning. It allows me to have a lot of power/energy all day.

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Come home from a stressful day at work. Poker helps me relax

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't have any special ritual, I have a normal life, I play when I have time

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

This is not a standard thing. I follow several professionals who don't have a ''ritual'' before starting the grind and somehow disapprove of those who do this because they think it has an effect on the grind. Particularly, I believe that exercise and good nutrition have more impact on physical and consequently mental well-being than sitting for half an hour meditating before playing. But I believe it varies from person to person, what can work for one may not work for another, which does not automatically make it a rule to be successful in poker

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not a standard thing. I follow several professionals who don't have a ''ritual'' before starting the grind and somehow disapprove of those who do this because they think it has an effect on the grind. Particularly, I believe that exercise and good nutrition have more impact on physical and consequently mental well-being than sitting for half an hour meditating before playing. But I believe it varies from person to person, what can work for one may not work for another, which does not automatically make it a rule to be successful in poker
I fully understand where you are coming from, brother. We are all entitled to our opinions regarding our beliefs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's no such thing as a "standard" thing when it comes to pre-game rituals, or we can call it the morning or evening pattern perhaps? And I agree that what may work for you may not work for me, as we have our own routines when it comes to our daily activities. This post is intended to share your practice, whatever it is. We might pick some great ideas that we can try and hope that they work, right? We will never know unless we try it. Cheers brother! Happy Wednesday!

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
smoking some cigarettes for defecation, so i feel relieved and then poker can come.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go to the loo. Then try and calm down, chill.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am working on developing a pregame ritual, especially for larger buy-in live tournaments. So far, it consists of meditation/breathing, some physical activity (walking, stretching, some light strength exercises), and having a healthy breakfast. For me, it is also important to be well rested and a clear mind (nothing to distract my thoughts from the game). If I do not feel well prepared, I do not play.

I am trying to create a daily ritual for myself that includes meditation, breathing, stretching, journaling, and affirmations. It is still a work in progress, but I hope it will help in all aspects of my life, not just poker.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, the observance of some rituals is more psychological preparation, it certainly helps. I don't really believe in all sorts of rituals and superstitions, if something is destined to happen, then it will happen no matter what.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Watch all my site for the tournament day and at what time is it.....so i see after when i play and in which site.....

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tend to meditate every morning to start my day in a good state on mind. I also do this just before i start playing poker.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
I don't have any pre game ritual
Once entered the game if it is after dinner, a glass of wine nearby or a chop of beer.
A cigarette on break from the MTT.
If I am at rest and it is almost late at night, I go out for 5 minutes to let my dog relieve himself.
And then the main ritual is to play with a lot o
f peace and concentration.
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle: