Poker path from hobby to work

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise you before you leave work for poker to make yourself a good supply (of money) for at least six months and preferably for a year that would allow you not to worry because of possible failures at the start

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there
Why you think live poker can make you rich?
And it all depends on many factors: How much you make on yr work? How much you need to suvive? online poker is stifactory to yr life? What abt family? Are they supporting?
Etc etc etc

D

Drogba_Legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the level of wages in our countries, this is more than realistic.;)

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about. I think this factor is important too. The level of wages in our country makes it more realistic, I suppose. But there are some good thoughts : "Make sure you have some savings".

Weigh the pros and cons. And good luck with that again. ;)

2017WSOP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing for fun or as a hobby is the way to go. If you've found the type of sucess that has you feeling like turning pro. Stack up the extra income and invest it somewhere else.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Recently, I began to think about changing the status of poker in my life from hobby to work (strange for 2019:)). In this regard, the question arose. Now I play poker by mood (usually every day, but there are long breaks), if I leave work and play for 6-12 hours every day, how will my attitude to poker change. Interested in the opinion of those made this choice.

Fist of all we have to build or start with suitable bankroll to support the bad beats and lose streaks. They will come surely.:deal:

Best of Luck

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That route is precisely the one that I am trying to cross but it becomes a little difficult when you have many things against you ... but it is not impossible.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
just curious, sinc this is old thread, how did OP in the past year do?
Have you turned Online Pro or still playing for fun?

For me, I would not play and would not turn pro, even if I win big on some tournament.
To much hassle and it's not for me.

I like to play and keep it as a hoby, but never full time.

On the other hand, I turn my hobby to full time career, and I still enjoy my work.
I am full time IT Tech, part time photographer, ....

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am going to that path too but it is so much harder than I thought it will be.

The change in playing 1-2 hours a day to play 6-8 it's hard. You have to be focused more time and every decision you make can affect your mental state pretty quickly.

So my best recommendation for you is to read a book that ist call "The poker mindset" by Ian Taylor. And if you study 3 or 4 hours your poker game you should work your mental state at least 6-8.

Hope you (and me) get there.

:9h4::9s4: