Poker Needs More Women

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Lot comes outof your mouth, not much comes outof your results.
In 1 heartbeat I can name you at least 10 female members here who would crush you in any pokergame when it comes to winnings.
About oestrogen....my friend, don't you realise testosteron is a much bigger problem ?
When it comes to poker in general I'd say women exceed because of being better prepared, having way less ego problems, are way better in timing when to be agressive and when to be patient and are way more rational when it comes to making decissions.

Your comment about Vanessa Selbst, the lesbian part, is utterly nonsense.

I guess Jennifer Harman , Gaelle Baumann to name some would agree with me here.
You want to find it closer at home.....not going to name them, but there's a bunch of female players here who would crush you so much in the game, you wish you would not have started playing poker at all.
Noone can make me wish I didn't start playing poker. The two you mentioned teach poker and make a living from off the table work around poker sites. Like advertising etc.

They prove my theory correct. I learn from my losses and enjoy them too, even the brutal ones remind me that brm is Paramount. :)

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lot comes outof your mouth, not much comes outof your results.
In 1 heartbeat I can name you at least 10 female members here who would crush you in any pokergame when it comes to winnings.
About oestrogen....my friend, don't you realise testosteron is a much bigger problem ?
When it comes to poker in general I'd say women exceed because of being better prepared, having way less ego problems, are way better in timing when to be agressive and when to be patient and are way more rational when it comes to making decissions.

Your comment about Vanessa Selbst, the lesbian part, is utterly nonsense.

I guess Jennifer Harman , Gaelle Baumann to name some would agree with me here.
You want to find it closer at home.....not going to name them, but there's a bunch of female players here who would crush you so much in the game, you wish you would not have started playing poker at all.

+1

Testosterone is the problem here. Not Oestrogen. Ladies are way more rational, collaborative and practical in general. With one exception I've worked for some amazing female bosses that have truly led by example. Tbh, this whole argument is irrelevant. This becomes a breeding ground for useless, unground arguments from people like RM.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
+1

Testosterone is the problem here. Not Oestrogen. Ladies are way more rational, collaborative and practical in general. With one exception I've worked for some amazing female bosses that have truly led by example. Tbh, this whole argument is irrelevant. This becomes a breeding ground for useless, unground arguments from people like RM.
Women can be great bosses so can men. Their position as a boss is very little to do with what I explained.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
+1

When it comes to bad bosses you will find women are often far less fair in their harsh ways than the bad male bosses are. With bad male bosses there tends to be a set method to get in their good books with bad female bosses you tend to have to unlock an encrypted message.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women can be great bosses so can men. Their position as a boss is very little to do with what I explained.

If they can lead teams and be successful in other walks of life they can be just good as the men on the felt. It has everything to do with breaking the stereotype you proclaim.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If they can lead teams and be successful in other walks of life they can be just good as the men on the felt. It has everything to do with breaking the stereotype you proclaim.
Yes and even my first post conceded this but since very few are masculine minded or train themselves to be aggressive but aggressive without anger, greed or fear overcoming them, poker so much more naturally inviting to males and the simple fact that despite it being equal to both genders males not only excel at the top but also the medium skill level proves that the entire poker sport in itself is easier for people with more testosterone and less oestrogen pumping through their veins.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all want more women to play poker if we make the process of introducing women to poker less intimidating. Poker is fun !!!:)

R

Rodriguesxr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutelly! I Guess more women in poker can make the men less agressive. When i play i ever see the players fighting in chat...so much sick

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agree with you, but in the media poker is still presented in an illegal underground club with males playing for money

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wish there were more women playing poker. But Poker is about people fighting each other. Just like football, poker and other sports come to relieve our instinct for war. Today we live in peaceful times, even if it doesn't seem like it. So games are used to spill that out.
Women have this less intense instinct than men. Of course there is room for women in all areas and they are very good at everything they do. But generally speaking, Poker does not attract them like us.​

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, we need more women playing poker.
when I took first place at Sit Go, I was apparently only a woman in the tournament and it seems that they keep testing all the time.
it was wonderful to win from so many men, because it was not easy.
but the women's game is much more serious.

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish there were more women playing poker. But Poker is about people fighting each other. Just like football, poker and other sports come to relieve our instinct for war. Today we live in peaceful times, even if it doesn't seem like it. So games are used to spill that out.
Women have this less intense instinct than men. Of course there is room for women in all areas and they are very good at everything they do. But generally speaking, Poker does not attract them like us.​

I don't agree with the instinct, we have instinct, we have less aggression until we learn to be aggressive there, we play much better, and we are attracted by poker and everything that challenges us, but our roles in the sociable society are a challenge and that gets in the way.
Man has the function of being only man and satisfying his pleasures, we have several roles, mother, wife, housewife, daughter, for us it is almost an obligation that all this comes first.
my example, today I cannot leave my mother alone, she is totally dependent and sometimes I have to quit my game, and I have two brothers.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More like mine, she plays harder than me :D

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see difference is it man or women playing. Maybe just playing live tournaments womens can distract men if they want :D but if men is realy very proffesional he wont go for it :D

K

kristenmm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes yes and more yes

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Women are simply not interested in competing in poker, chess or similiar stuff - they are always only 1-5 % of the field for hundreds of years...

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women are simply not interested in competing in poker, chess or similiar stuff - they are always only 1-5 % of the field for hundreds of years...

Wonderful

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I am new here and I am a woman also 😀. IMO there are a lot of women who like playing poker especially online. But most of them don't have time enough to stay stucked during hours in front of their computer.
Otherwise I personnally experienced some strange behaviour with me at the table online. That's why on some rooms my avatar is not female.

MadmanNVB

MadmanNVB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen some gals playing with me...some of em are dangerously ferocious and Good. I dont see any reason to focus on men more than women. It should be equal:angel:

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there aren't, a lot of women in poker. They can't sit around much, they are always on the move. That's what I find about my wife, having kids and always moving around. My wife finds it boring, sitting around. From what I see my wife like, there is always something to do when you have a family. That is hard to change , for my wife. I always tell her to relax, but she always is on the move. That is her and what she loves to do.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact I am not sure it's really possible to have precise statistics of the number of women playing online. I know some who frequently use their husband's account 😅

C

Carmen McDowell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a mom with a job and housework to do too, but I still find time to play. It's the time I give to myself..sometimes cooking dinner while playing.:angel: