Poker Needs More Women

AtomJapo

AtomJapo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any of the men on this thread that have said woman aren’t man enough to play...I am calling you out...let’s make a private table on pokerstars and have a little tournament and see who wins?? U up for that??? Bring it on because I will win!
:)

haha this have the balls in the correct site

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop with these feminist posts please, it's a simple idea in poker... Most women tend to suck at it because it values aggression and emotionlessness. Women who are not masculine minded will struggle and they prove that by quitting it before ever reaching high stakes level.

The women who make it learn to think like men. They can be heterosexual but still masculine minded. They tend to like math more than other women and learn to be aggressive even if it isn't in their nature.

Poker doesn't stop women; they try it and quit. A poker career is amongst the single most gender equality and fair of and on Earth because you never have to get hired so discrimination cannot exist.

You obviously haven' worked with women in a corporate environment. They are just as good, if not better, than the men. If you can experience this then it doesn't take a leap of imagination to see how good they can fare on the felt.

Poker isn't a priority in the life of many women. Simply that. It's the same reason why there weren't many female video gamers a decade back. Things are changing and it's only a matter of time before women dominate the tables just as equally as the men do.

Last edited:
debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But most of the live poker dealers are women, right?

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any of the men on this thread that have said woman aren’t man enough to play...I am calling you out...let’s make a private table on pokerstars and have a little tournament and see who wins?? U up for that??? Bring it on because I will win!

:adore:

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok but low stakes

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You obviously haven' worked with women in a corporate environment. They are just as good, if not better, than the men. If you can experience this then it doesn't take a leap of imagination to see how good they can fare on the felt.

Poker isn't a priority in the life of many women. Simply that. It's the same reason why there weren't many female video gamers a decade back. Things are changing and it's only a matter of time before women dominate the tables just as equally as the men do.
They may be good in Corporate environment... Corporate environment attracts conformist people of both genders.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

Girls are much more patient than men.

E

emil4707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is easy to play with women , they prefer not to bluff .

women prefer play tight poker

Last edited by a moderator:
bmw13

bmw13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest...poker don;t need women to play its very fine how the things are going ...how its sounds like this ? On a forum with women telling to each other we should need more mans to make our neils or to cut our hair ... in world we have to have a balance otherwise we lost ourselves...

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They may be good in Corporate environment... Corporate environment attracts conformist people of both genders.

This obviously shows you haven't worked in one. If you don't have said experience in a given environment/field then it's best to keep those opinions to yourself.

Your arguments reflect the same POVs that were used to keep women away from the workplace decades ago.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This obviously shows you haven't worked in one. If you don't have said experience in a given environment/field then it's best to keep those opinions to yourself.

Your arguments reflect the same POVs that were used to keep women away from the workplace decades ago.
I have had 2-month long and three weeks long work experience at such environments and a dad whose entire career past age of around 23 has been entirely corporate.
Corporate jobs attract people who don't like to innovate but love to get used to a comfortable routine instead. In fact many crazy inventors had people who are suited of corporate jobs working in their labs but they themselves were far too creative for such an environment.

Anyway, in corporate environment both males and females can excel as the key trait to excel is conformity and both genders can have this.

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had 2-month long and three weeks long work experience at such environments and a dad whose entire career past age of around 23 has been entirely corporate.
Corporate jobs attract people who don't like to innovate but love to get used to a comfortable routine instead. In fact many crazy inventors had people who are suited of corporate jobs working in their labs but they themselves were far too creative for such an environment.

Anyway, in corporate environment both males and females can excel as the key trait to excel is conformity and both genders can have this.

2-3 months is a drop in the ocean. To rise through corporate ranks you need to demonstrate leadership, ability to think outside the box, high adaptability and decisively quick thinking in times of emergencies. It is the exact opposite of the conformity you describe. But your opinion makes sense now because an internship would not expose you to people who have risen through the ranks with these qualities. Especially the women.

If all corporate environments were as dreary as you describe it to be, then blue chip companies would have a difficult time recruiting brilliant minds from ivy league colleges.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
2-3 months is a drop in the ocean. To rise through corporate ranks you need to demonstrate leadership, ability to think outside the box, high adaptability and decisively quick thinking in times of emergencies. It is the exact opposite of the conformity you describe. But your opinion makes sense now because an internship would not expose you to people who have risen through the ranks with these qualities. Especially the women.

If all corporate environments were as dreary as you describe it to be, then blue chip companies would have a difficult time recruiting brilliant minds from ivy league colleges.

Brilliant minds don't go corporate; they go either freelance or contracted consultant route.
This is why the best detectives, surgeons, physicists etc all end up either founding a company for conformists to work for them or ignoring the money and going full on dedicated freelance for life.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite a statement, I like it but I think a challenge like that wouldn't prove anything.
I'd rather ignore statements saying women are not good at poker or BS like that.
I guess these statements come outof a lack of experience playing against women.

There's quite some active female members here at CC, although still outnumbered by male members (ofc I don't have the exact numbers).

What I do know outof experience and observing there's some tough players , as well male as female , which to me actually doesn't make a difference on it's own, as for me a player is a player, no matter their gender.

Still, guess you all want a statement, so I'd say I don't want more female players at the table as it will dramatically reduce my chances of winning :D

Although I say that with a grin, I think there's some truth in the latter of that statement.
I truely think,in general, percentage-wise there's way more losing male players, compared to female players and above that I also think male players lose more when it comes to net amounts.

It's up to you all to think about why is that , but I think I know the answers to it.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very well said. And yes it is a bold statement but I would just like a few people that made comments on this thread to put their money where their mouth is. Thank you for the response and input. Good luck on the tables my friend.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay sounds good...I am swamped at work with it being a short week this week so early next week sometime? Monday Tuesday or Wednesday?
Monday
Also you may win a heads-up tournament vs me... It's just that to profit over time in poker you need to inhibit the tendencies oestrogen gives you.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Monday
Also you may win a heads-up tournament vs me... It's just that to profit over time in poker you need to inhibit the tendencies oestrogen gives you.

Poker has many variables. I’m fine with a low stakes game after work on Monday. And how would you know what estrogen gives me? I think your problem is that testosterone only gives you enough blood to run one head at a time.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMFG! I'm loving this. If you guys want, I can set up a home game. 2 dollar 6 max table where only you 2 sit down. Then play for an agreed buy in amount. Or a couple sit n gos if you'd prefer.
One game wouldn't do justice so likely 2/3

Offered cause madman prefers cash

Last edited:
R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has many variables. I’m fine with a low stakes game after work on Monday. And how would you know what estrogen gives me? I think your problem is that testosterone only gives you enough blood to run one head at a time.
I mean before I finished puberty and stuff (was a semi-late bloomer (before some but after most began around early 15) only properly finished between 18 and 19), I actually was quite effeminate physically and mentally and I noticed in games that involved a significant degree of luck (such as card games, battlefield or Yahtzee), I was much worse than most but games that required being timid and passionate about seemingly boring things (such as chess, tower defense games or Scrabble) I excelled. The reason most chess champions are male and most strategy game champions are male is because females see competition differently to men and are not drawn to defeating people.

Females who are not very towards the masculine side hormonally may enjoy games of pure logic far more than men and excel at them but they Garner very little joy from dominating a field of pure logic, it's as if they don't like to be the best but genuinely want to throw themselves into lines of work where it's always a challenge for them which I can totally respect and it's why the females if all societies throughout history and even today end up excelling in careers where you never really become the best but instead constantly face a whole new array of challenges each day, that doesn't mean women are more drawn to chaos than men it means that they like the difficulty and thrill of overcoming it far more than constantly finding it less difficult to dominate a job or area of expertise.

Males who aren't hormonally on the feminine side are far better at activities and fields of work where each day is pretty much the same type of challenge as the one before and they like feeling themselves grow and evolve into a dominator of whatever it is they do. They are far less likely than females to accept a job offer where the style of job differs to their practised one (vice versa for females) and they get a thrill from having a reputation to be reckoned with.

The way poker careers are angled are far more to the masculine work ethic and this I why men excel at it at the top end more than females.

The only massively famous pro female to a large degree is a proudly Butch lesbian Vanessa Selbst. As for the other successful pro female players, they definitely do not enjoy their career at all and you will find exactly as I say that they end up purely teaching poker or managing poker sites instead of becoming pro due to the monotony if it going against the variety of work their oestrogen programmed them for.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean before I finished puberty and stuff (was a semi-late bloomer (before some but after most began around early 15) only properly finished between 18 and 19), I actually was quite effeminate physically and mentally and I noticed in games that involved a significant degree of luck (such as card games, battlefield or Yahtzee), I was much worse than most but games that required being timid and passionate about seemingly boring things (such as chess, tower defense games or Scrabble) I excelled. The reason most chess champions are male and most strategy game champions are male is because females see competition differently to men and are not drawn to defeating people.

Females who are not very towards the masculine side hormonally may enjoy games of pure logic far more than men and excel at them but they Garner very little joy from dominating a field of pure logic, it's as if they don't like to be the best but genuinely want to throw themselves into lines of work where it's always a challenge for them which I can totally respect and it's why the females if all societies throughout history and even today end up excelling in careers where you never really become the best but instead constantly face a whole new array of challenges each day, that doesn't mean women are more drawn to chaos than men it means that they like the difficulty and thrill of overcoming it far more than constantly finding it less difficult to dominate a job or area of expertise.

Males who aren't hormonally on the feminine side are far better at activities and fields of work where each day is pretty much the same type of challenge as the one before and they like feeling themselves grow and evolve into a dominator of whatever it is they do. They are far less likely than females to accept a job offer where the style of job differs to their practised one (vice versa for females) and they get a thrill from having a reputation to be reckoned with.

The way poker careers are angled are far more to the masculine work ethic and this I why men excel at it at the top end more than females.

The only massively famous pro female to a large degree is a proudly Butch lesbian Vanessa Selbst. As for the other successful pro female players, they definitely do not enjoy their career at all and you will find exactly as I say that they end up purely teaching poker or managing poker sites instead of becoming pro due to the monotony if it going against the variety of work their oestrogen programmed them for.

Lot comes outof your mouth, not much comes outof your results.
In 1 heartbeat I can name you at least 10 female members here who would crush you in any pokergame when it comes to winnings.
About oestrogen....my friend, don't you realise testosteron is a much bigger problem ?
When it comes to poker in general I'd say women exceed because of being better prepared, having way less ego problems, are way better in timing when to be agressive and when to be patient and are way more rational when it comes to making decissions.

Your comment about Vanessa Selbst, the lesbian part, is utterly nonsense.

I guess Jennifer Harman , Gaelle Baumann to name some would agree with me here.
You want to find it closer at home.....not going to name them, but there's a bunch of female players here who would crush you so much in the game, you wish you would not have started playing poker at all.