Poker is more than just a game of chance.

B hay

B hay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is more than just a game of chance; it's a true test of skill, strategy, and mental fortitude. As a lifelong poker player and gambler, I can attest to the countless hours of dedication and practice that go into becoming a successful player.
Poker is a game of constant learning and adaptation. The best players are always studying their opponents, studying the game, and studying themselves. They are always looking for ways to improve their play and gain an edge over their opponents. This means that they are always looking for new strategies, new tactics, and new ways to read their opponents.
One of the most important things that I've learned in my years of playing poker is that it is a game of patience. You can't win every hand, and you can't control the cards that you are dealt. But what you can control is how you play your cards, and how you react to the cards that are dealt to your opponents. The best players know how to wait for the right opportunity to strike, and they know when to fold when the odds are against them.
Another important lesson that I've learned is that poker is not just about the cards that you are dealt, it's about the people that you are playing against. The best players are able to read their opponents, and they know how to use that knowledge to their advantage. They know how to get into their opponents' heads and use that information to make better decisions.
I've also learned that poker is a game of discipline. It's easy to let your emotions get the better of you, especially when you're on a winning streak or a losing streak. But the best players are able to keep their emotions in check, and they are able to make rational decisions even in the most trying of circumstances.
Lastly, I've learned that poker is a game of perseverance. There will be times when you'll experience setbacks and losses, but the best players know how to bounce back from these setbacks and come out stronger. They never give up, and they never lose sight of their goals.
In conclusion, poker is a game that requires skill, strategy, mental fortitude and discipline. It's a game of constant learning and adaptation. It's a game of patience, reading people, discipline and perseverance. It's a game that I've dedicated my life to and I'm passionate about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
for some, it's just a game they come into once a week on weekends and have fun and get it with a bottle of beer in hand:)

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For some it is a game of chance and for others a lifestyle. We choose which category to be in.

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
for some its pastime and for others its serious of life, for me its fun.

A

AmeliaT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
for some it's a way to have fun and get in a good mood, for others it's a way to make money, and for others it's a way to destroy their life and family if they have one

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a lifestyle :) A way of living for many in all aspects :)

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, well done. Patience and recovery must be the most important items in order to win

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a sport of mental strategy that allows the opportunity to bring professionals and amateurs together in the same tournament. This is sensational!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is entertainment, a hobby that always brings me pleasure and sometimes a little money. I am not ready to devote my life to my hobby, but without poker it is completely boring.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, poker is entertainment, a hobby that always brings me pleasure and sometimes a little money. I am not ready to devote my life to my hobby, but without poker it is completely boring.
i agree poker is greatest game to play with friends and have fun without pression like a hobby

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is more than a game of chance, it is a game where over the years you learn many things about yourself, it helps you to be disciplined, studious, perseverant, etc, you learn and improve many areas of your life.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to be patient + smart , but Im not gonna spend hours studying .Its fun to win when the cards go my way .

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Everyone has their own style of play and sees poker from their own perspective and has certain expectations that vary from day to day.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
No one has mentioned that Poker besides being all of the above is also Fun! I believe it has to be or you get bored and drop the game from number one spot and do something else.
I was passionate about playing Poker, and was so into the game I would travel miles to get a game, I ran a weekly Live game at my local Pub for 4 years, and played On-line regularly for money and Fun money, it didn't matter to me what the prize was, I approached every game as if it was a World Series Event, and was bought as a present one year a computer game "Chris Moneymaker's World Championship," that I played once and beat, and never played again as it was too easy.
Poker for most is a dream that one day they will play in a World Series Event and win huge amounts of money, never having to work again, It's not impossible, but highly unlikely to happen as there are millions with the same dream.
Once that dream dies, so does the passion for the game, I know because it happened to me. I can still play occasionally but I know deep in my heart It will never come true for me. At 67 years old, with health problems I accept I am not the Superman I used to be, even climbing the stairs gets me breathless now.
Keep that Dream alive and hope that one day it will happen for you, but above everything else Keep The Game FUN!
When the Fun Stops, STOP!

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For some "rich", they play for fame or to get away from sorrows and entertainment, while for others they hide behind entertainment and pleasure, and the truth is that the vast majority dream of becoming rich and famous, including me😜😅

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker, like any game, involves an element of luck, but that's not always the case.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a competition, may the best man/woman wins

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I think poker could be many different things... it will depend on the way each person looks at it... for some it's just a hobby, a game of chance... for others it's all a past science in probabilities that they give us mathematics where strategy and skill allow you to succeed in poker... and based on this we have decided to dedicate ourselves to trying to make a living from poker...!

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, despite having the reputation of being a game of chance, for those who know the game, they know that poker is a game of skill and technical knowledge, because you are playing against other people.
In gambling you are playing against mathematical probability which makes gambling impossible to be profitable in the long run, very different from poker where the long run favors the best players.
Poker is a game where psychological, mathematical, information and logic knowledge determines the players' profitability.
The best poker players in the world make decisions based on careful analysis of each situation, think about the range of hands they are facing, if they can bluff, use tools that many poker players do not know or do not know how to do very efficiently, check raise , float.
There are some softwares that show which is the best move in each situation, based on poker theory, the best poker players have a wide knowledge of this theory, they are almost perfect poker players, it is clear that the fact that poker is a game It's extremely complex, and it's people making decisions that are going to make mistakes, and the ones that make the fewest mistakes are going to make a lot of money in the long run.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
For me, poker is a great way to relax.

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree, it's fun and can be a profession at the same time!🙂

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker is just a game which is played, for many of us, with virtual cards.

Yet much money and therefore, troubles and solutions to these troubles, is connected with the exact outcome of these virtual images.

Poker, if played seriously, is a reflection of human insanity.

Top 10 Games