Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it's a mix of luck, skill and mentality. In an all-in pre-flop you having a pair of KK and the opponent with AA you will have to count on more luck than skill
"If math is important in poker, psychology is even more important" - Phil Gordon

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
40% luck, 40% skill, and 20% patience.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a difficult answer haha, it all depends depends depends. Still what is important is that you are a good player , disciplined and you will be able to profit in the long run depsite streaks of bad luck , rivers or whatever you may call them. It can be tough a lot of times, but only the ones with perfect discipline and self control can succed. Best of luck to all

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, Luck in Poker, as and in Life, this is a floating value, but not stable number...
The all depends on very many circumstances...

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It has nothing to do with what level of buy-in you're playing - see Daniel Negreanu's blow-up in the $250k super high-roller for some high-stakes bad luck. It amazes me when I see people say stuff like this🤦‍♂️

What's important is short term and long term. It's impossible to put a % on in, but its fair to say that luck plays a major part in a small sample size, but over an increasing sample size, luck plays a small and small factor. That's not to say you don't get unlucky any more, but in the end your skill and ability will outrun luck.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you have a lot of chips luck increases and insecurity decreases.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker - is it luck or skill? If a poker player who has honed his skills to perfection could calculate actions to the smallest detail, he would very quickly lose interest in what is happening at the table, which is more important than any win. Poker is a game in which smart people with a fighting spirit and sharp intuition will be successful. It is she who allows you to replay fortune, which is prone to present unpleasant surprises.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely in freerolls you always have the luck factor because you don't have anything at the table sung because everything could happen and especially in these times the room is favoring certain players especially because of the situation in which they are going through and it's obvious that we all realized that but in the end the skill always wins about luck first and foremost in poker.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the number of hands played. If you've played a normal amount of hands, about a million, then you'll have a noticeable advantage in math. That is, everything will fall into place (For example, pocket AA will win from the junior pocket pair about 85% and lose 15% accordingly), this is called the distance in poker. So on the long run, it becomes clear that luck is just a fluke.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems to me that the lower the limits, the more players play at random, at micro limits the skill has of course a value, but not the same as at high, but the fact that luck sometimes has a decisive value is for sure, I would not have won the tournament if I had not won a hand on the final table with K 10 where the opponent had KK

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Tournament poker luck can easily make you or break you. Its huge

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure how any equation could be put on this subject that could be quantified with any degree of accuracy. Then again, could just be a lucky guess!

That said, luck is a two way street with traffic traveling in both directions.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, I don't work with the probability of luck, although I have made some mistakes, but I never thought about luck, just my player skills.
There is the luck factor, in my philosophy, luck and misfortune are not identical, that is, they go together, which changes from one to the other, and the position. When luck is an advantage, bad luck is a disadvantage.

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Knowledge and happiness do not go without each other. In order for a player to be lucky, he must know when luck will serve him. It follows that knowledge still prevails.
All players on the globe, without exception, are of the opinion that they have more knowledge than luck.
An old Chinese proverb says, "Those who know they don't know have more knowledge than those who don't."
But luckily everyone is equally trusting.
Knowledge = 50% success
Happiness = 50% success
Accepting the truth that online game management software is targeted at brainwashing, self-control, and giving up online poker = 100% success.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will said 60%Luck with 25 %skill and the rest is the Best timing (no chance and no skill)......

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the truth even if we want to say that there is not always the luck factor... the river is always fatal for those who are not lucky

Not sure I follow this. Not always a luck factor but sometimes? River is the most unlucky or can be more catastrophic? Heard of discrepancy math, this doesn't even come any where near the deviation point!

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The luck factor in poker is notorious, we see it even in big events.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would say 60% luck and 40% skill

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
90% skill on distance or 90% luck if u play one tourney in month))))

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill vs luck. I hadn't realized just how unlucky I was until I learned to calculate odds and realized I must be the unluckiest player on earth. Seems daily I experience several bad beats on the turn or river with odds 16 to 1 or better in my favor. Yet, over time I've managed to build a sizable stake. In the long run I believe all players experience the same amount of luck, but skill makes the biggest difference when it comes to persevering, and profiting.