Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In low levels like i am playing, luck has a major importance (33% imo). But in the top, luck is less important.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the truth even if we want to say that there is not always the luck factor... the river is always fatal for those who are not lucky

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more hands played, the more you see the effect of skill over luck. It's my opinion.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on super high roller it is so different

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
my best guess 70% luck 20% skill & 10% timing
the higher you play in big tournaments, I mean the more you will understand that luck is a small percentage in big tournaments, because only skill and the ability to count the percentage of the opponent’s hands and your hands and know the ratio to victory at the table in small tournaments will decide there big card and luck

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think luck 5 % luck, 2.5 % skill and 92.5 % miscklick of opponent leads to win

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
In low levels like i am playing, luck has a major importance (33% imo). But in the top, luck is less important.
I agree with you, and it is not clear what 10% of the timing is?

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
65% Luck
35% Skill and strategy...

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker is a skill game where an element of luck is involved. But in the long term skilled players will always be successful because of the sum of good decisions they. That being said, of course people can feel unlucky because bad beats can happen or you can have a card drought. But success in poker can only be measured after a certain amount of time.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is more luck than people think...you always depends at least once on a flip, sometimes you can lose 10 out of 10 flips, sometimes you win...to me it is impossible to win a tournament without luck. But of course skill counts a lot too.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck is a part of poker, at lower limits you will need it more often, especially against crazy callers or all-in with lots of blinds, at high limits player perception will have a big influence on your winnings and eventually a little luck welcome.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck will always exist everywhere, and in poker is not the exception, but we know that it is not 100%, luck in poker is in 20%, the rest is work, study and perseverance to achieve things, it is not easy, but if you dedicate yourself you will go far in this beautiful sport.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sempre haverá mais habilidade do que sorte, que é 85% de habilidade e 15% de sorte.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the stakes increase, the luck factor decreases.
At lower stakes, however, Bad Beat occurs much more often, such as A,4 beating A,10 because weaker players will be more active on such cards.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my best guess 70% luck 20% skill & 10% timing
I found it curious that you put the time variable and opt for more luck.

When we study poker, we learn that luck is a minor factor that in the long run practically disappears.

But I thought your guess was curious :)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On any given hand, luck is 90%+. The hand you are dealt is luck. The hands your opponents get dealt is luck. You could get dealt AA, but if other players have nothing and they are not stupid, you are not gonna win must with AA. You might only take the blinds. But if they end up with AK, QQ+, you are probably gonna win a nice pot. And then the community cards will determine the action post flop.

The only thing you can control (the skill part) is the decision to fold, check/call, bet (and how much).

Over time, assuming the card dealing is legit (online, RNG legit), then skill begins to play a bigger role as luck should reflect your xEV based on the decisions you make.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that the percentage of luck in poker is 50% or 40%, but what I am sure of is that the highest percentage is taken by studying and being calm in the game.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that in MTT tournaments, even at a decent distance, 50% luck, 50% skill. Huge variance and you don't know in which tournament you will win a lot. In the cash at a long distance 0.1% luck, 99.9% skill.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As with most things the better you understand the game & how to play the less luck becomes a factor. One does need to remember that poker involves gambling so no matter your skill level, luck will be involved now & then.