Is poker by luck

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is definitely a factor in poker...
So, we try to eliminate as much as the luck factor as possible, by playing more intelligently an skillfully as possible...

Pocketks21

Pocketks21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"I'd rather be lucky than good." -Lefty Gomez Luck and skill walk a tight line together that's what makes poker great!

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's luck, other times skill lol

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A combination of both I think poker is a game of skill and luck is second, for example today I won my 1 freeroll cardschat at pokerstars I can say that I used both.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online there is no doubt in my mind- how many times you been rivered with the nuts on the turn?

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think poker is entirely luck, but being on the positive end of variance can definitely help you make more winnings both in cash games and tournaments. There's nothing like going on a heater where you constantly get nuts vs second nuts!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure that any player who considers himself a professional will answer you that the poker game of skill, I am inclined to the fact that no matter what you were not a professional if you do not smile luck is not what skill you will not help. This is my personal humble opinion. I will ask professionals not to persuade me.

Gamer1

Gamer1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without luck in poker can not do, sometimes luck helps very much, you need certainly more skill than luck

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it was just luck why there are wold tournaments with millions in the prize pool... And why there is no roulette tournaments.. luck is a key factor but skill last longer than luck..

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People say poker is by luck is that true?
Definitely the luck is an important factor when you play poker but isn't the only one; the players skills are also very important!