Poker IQ test

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was a decent test for its time, but now it's super-outdated. Bet sizings and amounts of limps are just so different then from today's games.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol 96. wtf is reverse implied odds haha

Example of reverse implied odds: 6 max cash game 10nl. A TAG opens UTG for 3x, his stats are 16/13. You are on the BTN with KJo, you call. This is a bad call with bad reverse implied odds. If you hit a Jack or a King it's likely you are no good as UTG will have hands like AJ, AK, QK, AA, KK etc. Therefore your implied odds are reversed as you are likely to lose money to the dominating hands.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your Poker IQ score is: 119

Better than 85% of people ^^. I am a low stakes pro it says lol.

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i got 124 but i dont really play cash games and some of the examples are quite ridiculous!

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a test for online players i guess because i didnt see any questions that aske something like if you are the bb and have a raise and reraise preflop and you have ace king and are considering a raise or call and stage a big raise and quickly look up to check expressions and see the 1st raisers eyes bulging out of its sockets do you fold call or raise.

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a 105. No wonder I suck at poker LMAO.

Q

Quiksilver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugggg 83. Time to read some books.

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I m a complete donk so I got only 84 So: lucks all I got, lol

B

beerobrian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, apparently I don't take poker tests very well. My score was terrible.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i got 124 but i dont really play cash games and some of the examples are quite ridiculous!

Not only that, a score alone says NOTHING! You have to pay 9.95 to get the full monte. From who? Who are these people? Could be from someone who has never even played poker, frankly.

I'll go with my gut on this one and spend the 9.95 on 2 iphone poker training Apps. Money much better spent in my view.

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got 105. But yeah, only to get some number sucks.. I would like to see where I was wrong (better to say where creators of this test think that I was wrong) :D But they wont see me paying for that 10 dollars :D

M

mhentrich

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What?

What? I have an IQ of 170 and I scored 100 at this and have won multiple small stakes tourneys. It's just extrapolating from easy logic to hard logic, I can take the big games. Went broke in college from trying to go big.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a 115 but I would strongly contest some of the questions. I felt like they were asking me to apply an outdated logic to my answer.

One question in particular, which involved two loose aggressive players battling in a CO vs BB scenario, when the BB 3bets from 40$ to 120$ in a 5/10 game with 100BB effective stacks

The flop is T 6 2

What would be the best hand to check/shove in this spot?

1. 88
2. AK
3. QJ

The answer is obviously either AK or QJ, end of story. But yet I felt that they wanted me to answer 88, even though that would be horrific.

Any rational 5/10 player in 2015 takes a check/call line with 88 or check/raises for value. A check/raise for more than pot is just suicidal because of the reverse implieds. If I was going to loose my mind and go crazy I might as well have two big cards that serve as blockers and give me about 14% resuck equity against an underpair.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or are the test creators super pros who expected me to shove with 88 in order to level my opponent into calling off with a nonpair hand? That isn't standard play at all though. This is why there are no tangible poker tests that can actually measure a players ability.

Which is part of the reason why this game is so much fun.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always do horrible on these things, then go win some more money,,,,,

edit;

I see this is an old thread, and I still have the lowest score, thus am still winning.......

Last edited:
Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 year old thread, nice :) haha

P

pokeflee

Enthusiast