Poker as Hope

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who hasn't dreamed of becoming a millionaire with poker?
Or even having poker as a way to earn good money so you can make your dreams come true?

That's what I think is really cool about poker, the hope that one day luck will come and you can improve your financial life from one moment to the next.

Does anyone who plays poker have that hope?

It started as a hope, now only the addiction remains.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess we all have this dream but it is important to know that a lot of work and mental toughness is needed. It takes a lot of time to learn and to improve your skills.

Dear theStarfish, hello!
Really work and mental toughness are very essential qualities inherent to poker players. The time factor is linked to the experience we acquire along the journey in the poker world.
Best wishes and success on your journey!:tee:

A

ACE448

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a realist and the simple thing is, to become rich playing poker you need to firstly invest plenty of money into the game. Sure, there are stories where people started with £20 and became millionaires - but it's very few and fair between. If you could afford to put in £10,000 and play higher stakes then yes I think you could become very well off. I currently play more for enjoyment and learning the game more than the thought of becoming a millionaire. Not to say it wouldn't be welcome!!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess we all have this dream but it is important to know that a lot of work and mental toughness is needed. It takes a lot of time to learn and to improve your skills.

Dear theStarfish, I believe that time is key to improving skills, but I also believe that the volume factor and intensity of participation in tournaments are good options to contribute to this dream.
I wish you success!:ciao:

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think most of us consolidated ourselves in Poker with that thought. Over time, we are being filtered between those who really fall in love with the game and those who only seek financial success. The magic of Poker is that there is room for both.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is the thing that always keep us coming back for more, even if we lose the stack we always have hope that we can make it on the next stack. good luck

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have always had the hope of winning an important tournament and thus earn a lot of money, I know that by trying many times it will come at any moment and thus I will have the peace of mind of not worrying about money anymore

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
not sure I have the time or dedication to become a millionaire from poker unless I become friends with someone super rich and they wanna play poker with me.
but a little income from it would be nice

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thank you my friend!

I wish you a good time learning and experiencing this beautiful game as well! :)
Dear theStarfish, hello!
Really work and mental toughness are very essential qualities inherent to poker players. The time factor is linked to the experience we acquire along the journey in the poker world.
Best wishes and success on your journey!:tee:

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is the hope of becoming a millionaire that is the engine of the game.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately for me there is no hope of getting rich with poker, age doesn't help much, my neorons haven't spoken lately, I believe that to become a great poker player, I would have to invest in my career and study hard, so next time maybe.:)

Dear Gritz18, hello!
Over time, what weakens is the body and motor cells, but the mind when active and in constant exercise is capable of achieving great achievements over time. Metal skill is predominant. Whether you are young or old, as long as you have the ability to reason, you can always expect to succeed in poker.
Strength my friend!:five:

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being a millionaire through games in general is the only way for a poor person to win in life, because the poor work to survive, everything they receive eats.
Now poker is a different game from the others, in poker poker to be a millionaire, we have to bet big, that is, play in big tournaments, something that demands big investments, so becoming a millionaire playing poker, goes through the path of high investments.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby that pays money.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to believe that most of the top players have invested an insane amount of time into the game and probably have the math/situations down to a science.

As for me, I just want to win enough in CardsChat freerolls to buy a new laptop at the end of the year. Always do what works for you.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also hope I will improve my poker and I will play against famous players at the final tables of big tournaments someday.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dream the dream, but try not to lose sight of the insane amount of effort and dedication it takes to become an average player let alone a good and then a great player. Dream the dream, always push forward in your journey.

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is always hope but you have to keep in mind that to live from poker you have to have a lot of patience since to be a player of a good level it takes years, the important thing is that if it is possible to live from poker with discipline and commitment.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am an optimistic person and I hope that someday this thought of making money from poker will come true because now the balance goes up and down and I think that each of us loves this game and plays with the hope that he will achieve something financial from it ... until then we enjoy the game, gl!

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Yes. Is a nice dream to win a sunday million touney. Every weekend is the same hope

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who hasn't dreamed of becoming a millionaire with poker?
Or even having poker as a way to earn good money so you can make your dreams come true?

That's what I think is really cool about poker, the hope that one day luck will come and you can improve your financial life from one moment to the next.

Does anyone who plays poker have that hope?
I'm taking a swing for the fences and shooting for $100K! ;):)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, of course! Why not?! The Hope never dies, while we continue to play in Poker...

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, its my only hope of ever having a good life. Need to get very very lucky because my skillset and talent surely aint enough

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a titanic work ,,, you have to sit at the computer for many hours and hold back your emotions, and wait for your luck ,,,not everyone likes it, but you can earn solid money, but you can also lose, it all depends on your skill

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has more chance than Lottery of hitting big time in my belief! :)
Not bad to hope in poker~ plus you have fun while hoping~ lol~

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Hope dies last.
The problem is that we will not be there and that most of our lives pass in the hope of gambling.