Poker as Hope

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who hasn't dreamed of becoming a millionaire with poker?
Or even having poker as a way to earn good money so you can make your dreams come true?

That's what I think is really cool about poker, the hope that one day luck will come and you can improve your financial life from one moment to the next.

Does anyone who plays poker have that hope?

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or even having poker as a way to earn good money so you can make your dreams come true?

That's what I think is really cool about poker, the hope that one day luck will come and you can improve your financial life from one moment to the next.

I would say most of us have that hope..
The real question is - "How hard are you willing to work for it to utilize your luck to the maximum once given the chance?"
Becoming a poker millionaire seems like a dream and you only see the glory.. What you don't see is the amount of hard work these "poker millionaires" put in to get to that level, all the hours of reading, watching videos, using poker practice Apps, investing into pokertracker, sharkscope, premium courses etc.
Keep practicing and you might just get good enough to deserve that opportunity once given!

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, the dream is in every poker player i guess, more or less acknowledged.
But your position is not the correct one: "one day luck will come..."
Luck hasn't much to say in being a successful pokerplayer. It is more of learning, discipline, skills etc.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think every player has this hope (at least I have). I love to play poker, but if didn't exist the possibility of winning money, I probably would still play, but much less than I play today.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I guess we all have this dream but it is important to know that a lot of work and mental toughness is needed. It takes a lot of time to learn and to improve your skills.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Unfortunately for me there is no hope of getting rich with poker, age doesn't help much, my neorons haven't spoken lately, I believe that to become a great poker player, I would have to invest in my career and study hard, so next time maybe.:)

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What you said it's a goal in my life.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that poker is a learning process that one has over the years, we all want to earn a lot of money and even become millionaires, it can be achieved, but you have to work hard to achieve your goals.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say most of us have that hope..
The real question is - "How hard are you willing to work for it to utilize your luck to the maximum once given the chance?"
Becoming a poker millionaire seems like a dream and you only see the glory.. What you don't see is the amount of hard work these "poker millionaires" put in to get to that level, all the hours of reading, watching videos, using poker practice apps, investing into pokertracker, sharkscope, premium courses etc.
Keep practicing and you might just get good enough to deserve that opportunity once given!

Dear Captain Mooti, hello!
Your statement is very interesting when you say that poker “is a learning process that takes place over the years”. I agree with you.
Thanks for sharing your point of view.
:party:

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, the dream is in every poker player i guess, more or less acknowledged.
But your position is not the correct one: "one day luck will come..."
Luck hasn't much to say in being a successful pokerplayer. It is more of learning, discipline, skills etc.

Dear Skot_Gy, hello!
Nice to know, as you said, "the dream is in every poker player". About the "luck that one day will come", I say this because for example numerous times a strong hand, which can be a pair of AA, loses to a weak hand 22 after the flop and even on the river. In this case, I find it difficult for a player with AA to let a call when his opponent pushes all in with a weak hand. I also believe that luck is a small part of a successful player, but there must be a minimum of it present and I also agree with you that the characteristics that involve learning, discipline, skills, among others, are fundamental to being a champion in poker.
Thanks for sharing your point of view.
:marchmell

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Dream of Sitting at the Final Table

Often, it flashes through my mind to be sitting at the final table. Not to win, but just make it that far.

Once, I was watching World Wide Poker, and when everyone one was sitting at the Final Table, the speaker said " Congratulation, everyone at this table is a milionaire. LOL
That stuck in my head.
If you slay the Dreamers,
And, all the riches, the Dreamers gave,
It woud put us back on the benches
And be as tha galley slaves.
Mike

Last edited:
SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My dreams tend to be more realistic. Like becoming a world-renowned millionaire playboy/Nobel prize laureate! :D

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think each of us has certain hopes and expectations. But I'm used to looking at things realistically, and I understand that I will never become a professional. However, for me, poker is a hobby that brings me pleasure and extra income.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that everyone who plays poker dreams of making money with poker and there is always a hope to win big money !!! But the very hope of a random win is not enough !!! You need to work on your game and only then will there be results or at least higher chances of random winnings will increase))

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
We all have hope in ourselves, if we didn't have then what would we play for ?!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I guess we all have hope (to a certain extent) of achieving a big score playing poker especially for those of us who had already experienced the taste of a nice win (I mean a few thousands, not millions..).

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I dream of it and I hope to achieve it, in the meantime I keep learning and improving my game, I still have a long way to go but I'm taking solid steps:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I don't hope poker will make me a millionaire. I know my place in the ranks and I know that it is unrealistic. I can only earn some extra money by playing poker. I invest the money earned in this way on the stock market.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes even 100 dollars is nice to earn:):):)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I agree with what is being said here, the vast majority have this dream.

And the amazing thing is that it is possible.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Hope is the last thing that tips the scales of your decision
in the direction of a bad call, or something else? Over the entire distance of playing poker, people have learned to calculate the probability of winning their hand over the possible one. A lot of useful software plus access to any information on any subject
allows you to make the right decisions. With every moment played (second, minute, hour)
You are approaching the predictable mathematical model of a good player. You should always believe in hope.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, of course there is! But I think for this dream to come true, you have to work a lot on your game, analyze your hands (look for mistakes), work on self-discipline and control. And also try to be careful to learn to read your opponents. And, of course, persistence. And good luck will come if you follow these rules.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, the truth is that I never thought of it that way, I was attracted to the game itself, in order to get rich with poker you must have a good financial backing, otherwise it is very difficult to achieve it.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, I do, too. And the chances are better than winning in the lottery, at least.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think every player has this hope (at least I have). I love to play poker, but if didn't exist the possibility of winning money, I probably would still play, but much less than I play today.

Dear cook, hello!
Truth. Interesting your opinion about this feeling of hope that extends to all players. But unlike you, in my case, if there was no opportunity to make money, I would stop playing poker.
Big hug and success!
:icon_chee