Poker is good for your health..

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never, and I mean never, should gambling be an exit out of your problems. Thats like saying cool down the temperature of a fire pit by adding oil. Its just going to cause more problems later. Poker in my opinion should be viewed as a way to relax and have a good time spending a couple bucks. Not a way out of your problems.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes poker helps me relax and relieve stress

efrain123

efrain123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's very bad and it hurts the heart a lot: Pag

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Cortisol is colloquially known as the “stress hormone”. In an experiment conducted by Canadian researchers, cortisol levels among online poker players were monitored during gaming sessions. It was found that the more a player absorbed in poker, the less cortisol his body produced. In fact, cortisol levels dropped by an average of 17% from the start to the end of the game. Canadian scientists believe that cortisol is released less due to the high level of concentration that play requires. Poker, being a fairly complex and multi-level game, requires the full attention of any thinking player. When players focus more intensely on the game, they forget about their daily concerns. This acts on the brain and it starts to release less cortisol.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree. Because in life sometimes we need to stop and think about the consequences of some actions we can take. And in poker we work on this in each hand played.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you win, it'll be good. If you lose, it's no use.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Scientists at the University of Canada conducted research and proved that playing poker helps to cope with stressful situations. This finding came as a real shock to many people who find poker an extremely emotional and intense game... What do you think?
I easily deal with emotions in the game, because I always follow bankroll management. Sometimes, unfortunately, there are vile opponents who want to unbalance, but if everything is done without insults, then this is not a problem for me.
In general, I think that poker is a great way to train the brain, and definitely such training is good for our health :)

J

jay_nemi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s interesting - I’m going to have to look that study up. I could believe it although it certainly doesn’t feel that way while playing, lol. There isn’t a “University of canada”, maybe you meant researchers at another Canadian university?

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe he meant ''A Canadian university''. But the fact is that poker helps to develop the ability to deal with stressful situations, as Poker is stressful all the time. However, I can't say how 'good' this would be for your health because in addition to the issue of it being a sedentary activity, it can also be harmful to be constantly under stress.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Because you are in various situations of tension and stress, your mind learns to deal better with these situations, although there are moments when you become very angry and stressed, with time this decreases, which shows an evolution, I believe that is it, but it's just my opinion, it has no pedagogical reference.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Scientists at the University of Canada conducted research and proved that playing poker helps to cope with stressful situations. This finding came as a real shock to many people who find poker an extremely emotional and intense game... What do you think?
I strongly agree with this statement!

G

godollar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PH
Chips
Any hobby that one loves relieves stress

Alket21

Alket21

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
AL
Chips
No bro if you want something healthy in your life do Gym or play football bro 😁

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

The dangers of sitting: why sitting is the new smoking

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
the poker making stress for me.I get nervous if I have a good hand and others don't respond. If there are no good cards for a long time, it doesn't do any good either

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
it is definitely good for the brain, it does not allow thought processes to stagnate, but for the nervous system... you just have to take moving for granted.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker is good for the development of logical thinking, but bad for the psyche