Poker is good for your health..

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Scientists at the University of canada conducted research and proved that playing poker helps to cope with stressful situations. This finding came as a real shock to many people who find poker an extremely emotional and intense game... What do you think?

romalion

romalion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
maybe, but I think the majority here are stressed and upset by this poker, by their opponents and by the actions you take

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If you expose yourself to stressful situations in a controlled and relatively safe manner maybe you train your brain to better cope with other stress-inducing things in your life.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The University of Canada?? Could you please tell me what actual university these results are from because I would be very surprised if there is a university called the University of Canada.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The University of Canada?? Could you please tell me what actual university these results are from because I would be very surprised if there is a university called the University of Canada.

Here's an actual literature review dealing with poker and online poker players: Psychopathology of poker players

It's not quite the same topic but way more believable than those guys from the University of "Canada".

I was gonna say, Canada has universities? Some people will believe anything. o_O ;)

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I find that poker is mentally exhausting.
But this is normal if you consider that play is like work

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's impossible to be that affective to mention and offer for players in the name of good health. As you said, people might be able to cope the way they handle stressful situations in some parties and managing them to do better in their real life. But spending hours above cards, where luck is playing as well it's just not always healing. It could make you fun, satisfaction, angry moments, but I do not see how it could give better health conditions to playing this game without knowing anything from that individual. :)
But thank you for sharing this, we all play poker or used to, and we did not played it to be unhealthy. If it can go correction to the better way, it's really dope ;)

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i think that they are mistaken, because poker is stressfull indeed :D :p

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well if we talk about face stress I could say that poker really helps you with that situation and also it helps you to have better social skills.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Scientists at the University of Canada conducted research and proved that playing poker helps to cope with stressful situations. This finding came as a real shock to many people who find poker an extremely emotional and intense game... What do you think?
I think poker is a great pastime that can distract us from our daily routines. For me personally, poker is a hobby that brings me money from time to time. I get only positives from poker, because I never worry about my own funds, as I always strictly adhere to bankroll management.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely agree with the scientists from the Canadian university, thanks to playing poker, I definitely became more resistant to stressful situations.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
To some extent - yes, but not for all players, we are all different and perceive this or that situation differently, for me poker is an exchange that teaches you how to properly manage your resources, based on the game of your opponents and the uncertainty of the situation in 5 kart.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You learn that math and probabilities are so important in life, so I guess that's why the study is right

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that poker is a test of insanity, the crazier it is, the greater the probability of success... I see no chance of having emotional, psychological or mental health when we are forced to deal with aggression, uncertainty, luck and incomplete calculations. all the time... I weigh that good and evil are in everything and there is no Manichaeism

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Considering that for me, gaming is a form of relaxation, a hobby, indirectly because it allows me to break away from everyday life. But realistically, any type of hobby will have a similar effect.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
That's not a surprise, just remember what you feel when you are all in preflop and the cards are shown

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree!
Stressful situations will always exist, what changes is how to deal with them.
My decision-making, not only in calculations, but in all my day-to-day tasks, has improved a lot.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Ученые Университета Канады провели исследования и доказали, что игра в покер помогает справиться со стрессовыми ситуациями. Это открытие стало настоящим шоком для многих людей, которые считают покер чрезвычайно эмоциональной и напряженной игрой... Что вы думаете?
It's hard to answer that question. I don't think so.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I agree that constant poker stress training helps the body in extreme situations.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Playing poker not only reduces stress, but also has a positive effect on the development and improvement of a person’s mental abilities, and even promotes clarity of thinking in old age.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would not think poker helps with stress.
Poker does not calm me. It gets my heart racing as its full of ups and downs, highs and lows.
But it can create money problems for people, which definitely does not help with stress.
Having something to spend time on and occupy the mind can be helpful in preventing stress.
Having something that can affect your mood in a negative way when your already very stressed is not a good idea. This can lead to broken items such as cups, remotes, devices.
Gamble responsibility. Keep enjoying the game.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
poker is good for brain health and stress, but it's bad for back health. They just pointed out that it's good to some extent for your health. Scientists won't lie but they don't say much if you sit at the computer and play poker for a long time because poker is a very long game and you will waste your sight and back, too, so it's harmful to your health

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Physically No, you sit for long hours doing nothing that hurts your body for sure , Mentally poker develops your concentration and logical thinking .