Poker is good for your health..

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is probably like many things in that moderation is the key. Long tourneys with extensive sitting are not good for you and I would not believe any study saying otherwise.

D

Doctrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a Canadian, I am suspicious! However, one of the things I love about poker is that it helps me make healthy choices that enhance my edge. Not drinking in the evening can help my edge. Working out and getting proper sleep and nutrition can help my edge. Poker helps me be a better person.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're wrong about the nervous tension here. After a very bad game, you want to tear and throw. On the contrary, poker increases the degree of nervous tension.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
poker is good for brain health and stress, but it's bad for back health. They just pointed out that it's good to some extent for your health. Scientists won't lie but they don't say much if you sit at the computer and play poker for a long time because poker is a very long game and you will waste your sight and back, too, so it's harmful to your health
And poker is really good for my health, because I constantly exercise with dumbbells while playing )))

In general, any intellectual game is good for the brain! So there is nothing surprising in those studies...

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think a sedentary lifestyle would be good for any of the players, but working in an office isn't good for your health either. Perhaps the game helps to train your psyche and discipline on a psychological level, but this takes time, everything comes with experience.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i think the other way around no way

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If the game does not stress you, don't play it, is a time loss. Poker is for adrenalin and stress, if you are not feeling this, you are playing wrong

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is known as a mental sport, so it can help you in decision making which is the core of poker, it is a game in which at all times you need to be making the best decisions, well I believe that this can be good especially for mental health, if they say that chess is good for the mind why would it be different with poker.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it all depends on how you play poker. You can relieve stress, or you can drive yourself into a stressful state. Depends on how to play and what amounts to lose.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The University of Canada?? Could you please tell me what actual university these results are from because I would be very surprised if there is a university called the University of Canada.
There is NO university of canada. being Canadian, I would know. Sounds like some internet fake news.

OnasOO

OnasOO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Considering how much I don't care. This game is just for me :) Of course it’s a shame to crash after 2 - 3 hours of play, but it’s not critical. I'm unlucky in cards, lucky in love!

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
In my opinion it is hard to make good decisions being stressed ,to make good decision you have to be able to avoid being stressed an poker teaches you that and the proof how much you have learned coping with stress is in the size of your bankroll in the long run.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a lot of anti-stress, I think it's a hobby and I really only play when I have free time, which I classify as a game of pleasure.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the more stress a person has in life, the more resilient they become, and poker helps with this.:)

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In any case, poker is probably not good for my health. Lately, I've been experiencing back and neck pain, which is probably because when I play poker, I just sit or lie still for 4-5 hours in a row. I even went to the doctor and he told me that I lead a sedentary lifestyle, although I exercise almost every day, but if I sit in one place for that long, it doesn't help much, the doctor told me. So now I also do various gymnastics exercises to stretch my back and keep it from getting stiff.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, when I started playing I remember that the inclination was difficult for me to adapt to, but over time I got better at controlling those types of emotions and knowing that it is part of the game, this helps me because in life there are also moments of inclination but now I control those emotions, I can say that poker helps me improve in angry situations as well as in stressful situations.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If to say shortly: for Me Poker is a Good for my Health! I don't see the special negative moments...
Poker is my development in the different directions and continue Life! That's all!

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
...if u do not play poker lol

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me poker is relaxing, when I start playing, I forget about the world and problems, winning or losing doesn't interfere with my mood.

robbieb

robbieb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
The University of Canada?? Could you please tell me what actual university these results are from because I would be very surprised if there is a university called the University of Canada.
Did pokerstars pay for this study? Haha. Sitting on your ass isn’t exactly good for your health. But if makes you happy maybe.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you play poker only occasionally with your friends then I agree that it can be good for your health. But if you play a lot of time, like myself, I don't think is that good. I remember that when I started to play many years ago, I used to play for 8-10 hours without getting tired of the game. Nowadays, after 4-5 hours I'm usually mentally drained.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It all depends on how long you play and if you really enjoy it.
Anything in excess is bad and if you do something you don't enjoy trying to find other results it is never good.

Remember that he who plays out of necessity, loses out of obligation.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Scientists at the University of Canada conducted research and proved that playing poker helps to cope with stressful situations. This finding came as a real shock to many people who find poker an extremely emotional and intense game... What do you think?
Yes, as mental stimulation.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Scientists at the University of Canada conducted research and proved that playing poker helps to cope with stressful situations. This finding came as a real shock to many people who find poker an extremely emotional and intense game... What do you think?
Hello
Their opinion is correct, the situation in which poker will become negative or dangerous is severe addiction to gambling through this game.
For me, enjoying poker, its strategies, skills, and competition is much more important than getting addicted to gambling through it.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
o boy thank you for that information , i was beginning to get fatter while playing poker most of ta time