Poker and Cannabis, good allies?

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not really believe it, it will divert your attention, you will be thinking about anything else while playing a hand, you will be thinking about that fly that flies, that noise that is heard, that light that is observed, and thus you will put aside movements that They will help your reading of the rival, that is why I think they are not good allies although there are times when you think it helps your intuition.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It always helps when the others at my table smoke.

BustyBusters

BustyBusters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely puts you in chill mode which is great for tourneys. I've found that the more I fold and am more passive the deeper I run.

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I love it- definitely appreciate the 5min break after a couple hours ha

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not really believe it, it will divert your attention, you will be thinking about anything else while playing a hand, you will be thinking about that fly that flies, that noise that is heard, that light that is observed, and thus you will put aside movements that They will help your reading of the rival, that is why I think they are not good allies although there are times when you think it helps your intuition.

From my personal experience, I have found the opposite to be true. I am able to focus my attention directly on the game at hand. I have also found that single tabling is ideal (regardless of mental state) for maximum enjoyment (enjoyment = fun = happiness which usually = $$$).

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think when somebody smokes weed everyday, he has to smoke at poker as well. But in general, I can imagine that these people might overthink situations and trust to much in their feelings. So in the long run it's bad for your play.

A

adrianB1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I belive sometimes it helps when you smoke and play but on the long term I think it's best if you play without smoking.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesnt the cannabis imediate effect is to drift neurons farther away from thr next axon making the tought process slower?

M

matthias0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cannabis

anything that makes you smart is good..
i would recommend cannabis and cocaine so that you don´t relax too much while playing​

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t smoke anything. As far as I know cannabis kill brain cells and affect our memory. That can not be good to Play Poker ever.
Stay away from Drugs guys.
Cheers,
M.D.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
helps to focus and not be tense at this time. Rastafari Bob Marley good luck to ALL )

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, I couldn't really give an accurate opinion since I have never smoked, but I respect each of the comments and it was good to read the opinions of those who have done it .....;)

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my personal experience, I have found the opposite to be true. I am able to focus my attention directly on the game at hand. I have also found that single tabling is ideal (regardless of mental state) for maximum enjoyment (enjoyment = fun = happiness which usually = $$$).
I think then that my mind is more dispersed then hehehe
I will try what to do with a single table, it may sincerely help concentration to not change tables or change my rivals. The dialogue is good
Greetings

L

livyst123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything that's a non stimulant will usually slow down your thinking and thus increase your chances of making a incompetent mistake.

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it all depends on how much i have, sometimes its too strong and knocks me out, then ive woke up 30 mins later to half my stack missing lol! on the flip side, it can calm the nerves somewhat or allow me to slow down and become more patient, something i am now becoming more and more natural as i play and become comfortable with the sites :)

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive found taking Katie has improved my gameplay like no other, makes me loose but smart/aggressive, taking plays at the perfect moment and folding at the right times, using intuition and knowledge as i go along and I've won many a tournament in the past with it, but those days are long gone now lol

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wonder, what would happen few decades ago with the post owners in this topic....

Pretty strange how the 'normality', what is right or not, good or bad, (even if it effects only you, noone else) changes by the mainstream controllers.

100+ years ago, nobody give a damn about it. Some businesses had negative effects, or felt the danger, so it 'became' very bad, even illegal, so damage million lives, nowadays, they see the business in it so it is okay, good again, but there is just the radical good or bad, no normal mid way....

30 years ago, if you smoke weed you go to jail, but they still pushed the cigarettes everywhere, nowadays, the weed is good, even medicine, but some individuals treat you like a secondary citizen if you smoke a cigarette...
There are countless insanity in this wonderful world... I miss George Carlin, he had the eyes for recognizing even the smallest insane oppositions, and public it in really funny way.. (in my country it is still like this, and the noisy individuals about that: it is a hard drug, still do not know anything about its history, even cannot identify it is how it is because it is illegal so the same (il)legal gangs sell it like the real hard drugs. not even police knows a goddamn thing about it....)

Otherwise, I do not think, you will get any significant positive effect by playing in that condition, maybe you will have more patiance for a while, but you can't stay awake till the FT in a huge field 10-12 hours tourney...

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it helps concentration a lot, even so much that sometimes I feel like I know the cards that my rival has, many times I am wrong but there are many others where they perfectly play their game

Hootz

Hootz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm high most of the time lol..weed doesn't effect my gamebgood or bad as I'm so used to the feeling lol :smokin: :stoned: I can see how some people get more focused while on tho...but I can also understand how some might have a panic attack lol. It's not for everyone. Alcohol would be a different story tho I think, I would not make smart moves then I'm sure if it! I've yet to attempt.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's a personal matter. But I don't use drugs in principle.

T

Tomo_Tomagio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally, the best combination of all time perfectly I can concentrate quietly and in my world 😉😂

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
kidding me
how can you think when you are on it

Ask Carl Sagan!

Seriously though, various substances and activities can have totally different effects on our actions and thought processes. Find what works for YOU and don't be constrained by the biases and opinions of others .Been a fan of cannabis for over 40 years with no discernible negative outcomes, yet respect other's choice to not partake. To each his/her own.

As it pertains to poker, I like a small amount prior to starting a tourney to enhance my patience. Like most things in life, know your limits and practice moderation.