Poker and Cannabis, good allies?

T

tommyboobaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what type. Sativa is great for playing. Hybrid Okay. Indica I fell asleep in a sit n go the other night. Learned that lesson.

B

Bearclaws8989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on which kind of weed you smoke (indica or saliva).
In my opinion I think a clear mind is the best thing although I do smoke weed and play poker
I find that weed does cloud your judgment.
I still love weed but I think weed and poker do not mix if you wanna be a successful poker player.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no such test practice, well I suppose it could be a compatible fun game.

J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it, a long time ago that i did not do that.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just recently...

I am a disabled veteran with a few health issues so have been ‘heavily medicated’ since the age of 28(I’m 53 currently ugh)!! I got myself off of all of my heavy pain killers about a year ago and started smoking cannabis about the same time. I have found that it really helps with my anxiety more than anything. Does it help me play poker?? Good question. I am relaxed and enjoying myself so I don’t think it matters.

Stay Safe

Z

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All i know is,,, 1:it makes me happy,,, :) and 2:being happy helps my game. :deal: $$$

I’ll second this comment

Weed mellows me out after a long day at work. I can roll one up, fire up a tourney and thats my reward for my work

Love a live game with my friends and we all smoke up. Not in the room where we play, obv but we all go out to the shack over the course of the night

Missing that almost as much as no NFL Playoff Parties.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and cannabis are good allies because, the game is such a rush, and combined with weed it gets fun.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not used to it then I don't think it would help. If you are then toke up, you'll be fine.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty sure that the WPN software devs smoke a lot and that's why the software is at it's current state and gets worse with every update. They just keep frying their brain cells. Remove the ability to muck and basically remove the chat, won't be long and they will remove the replay feature. So my answer, no it's #notgood4poker.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

I think it depends on who I am I'm not sure that everyone is the same so if you think we can say that it is a scam like doping in athletes: D

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the sort of it, a strong one makes me not caring what I do 😂

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Isn't it better to drink a good coffee with some dark chocolate? I think the effect is much better on the body, I say, I didn't try anything else ...

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

I firmly believe that cannabis improves everything. Tell me what you think about this combination. Does it favor or harm you when you play? Good smoke community!

I don't like it when I sometimes get cannabis but it supposedly helps and it's healing so I believe I will legalize it:):):)

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
For me, cannabis disturbs concentration and does not help the game in any way, at least in my case. I think that a lot depends on a given person, stimulants work differently for each individual. One cannabis stimulates and slows another one. Just like alcohol or other stimulants. I do not use cannabis in the game because it would definitely help me or make my game worse.

W

wallinho

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cannabis stimulate what you are

if you never tried cannabis before, then don't even think of it. you might end up regretting tasting it or smoking it. It's very addictive and is no good. Remember it depends on who you are, and yes addiction can lead you to be a junkie. STAY SOBER:)

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u wanna lose some money its an amazing idea. During the playing u have to be concentrated all the time.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont smoke
I prefer not to start
But if it helps you then do your thing
Just keep it at moderation

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I reckon it’s a good thing
Helps you to take your time, take everything in, consider & make your move
It helps me anyway, especially when the game starts getting hectic:angel:

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've gone from $0 - $2,600 all while "on" weed. :)

It is unlike alcohol, in the sense that it does NOT impair your judgement. It might make you think deeper on certain topics, but a well trained mind can play while "high" no problem. :)

Edit: The biggest difference I notice is that I do not care as much regarding bad beats. I focus my attention on the decision, not the outcome. If I make a mistake, I reflect on it and make sure I don't make the same mistake again. If I played the hand correctly and just got a little slap in the face from chance, I just laugh and say, "Well...I played it correctly!" :)

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, cannabis can potentially contribute to a more relaxed way of playing, especially when combined with good music. However, it could also restrict concentration and lead to fatigue, which would not necessarily be good for long MTTs. I think it's very individual and you have to try it out to see if you can handle it. Personally, I don't smoke weed while playing poker. :)

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think cannabis is relaxing and you shouldn't smoke before and during poker, but i have no experience:rolleyes::rolleyes:

J

JustinSnipe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely helps me concentrate more and I usually end up making predictions easier.

Not sure overall how much its a +/- either way I enjoy it 10x more :rolleyes: