pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Poker is about money. No pro would play for play money and a bracelet.

Having said that: winning a bracelet in a big tournament like the main event still opens possibilities to earn extra passive money by sponsoring, PR and other marketing means.

But a bracelet for the glory? Please, it is live tournament poker we are talking about. It is so much luck involved that some pros go to Vegas during wsop just to play in the juicy cash games.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The two things are important , as a bracelet is a relic , you will be able to say , many professional players are put in mind that.!!!

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would depend on how much the +300K is.

Are we talking winning millions or "just" a few more hundred thousand?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bracelets without money, like smoke without fire, simply do not exist)))

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, prize money is much more important than winning a bracelet. In general, a bracelet for the poker player is a symbol of recognition of hard work and struggle.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At one point the dollars do not matter that much for a true pro.
I understand a broke/poor player wants as much dollars he could have, but those bracelets remain a tradition for a reason. At that level few thousand $ here or there simply do not matter.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have a poker bracelet for a pro-poker player is important in your opinion? or is just "ego" and status?

And, what you think is best, have a poker bracelet of any type and never win more than $300K for your life time , or win over $300K our + an not have a bracelet?

:cool:
no professional player trade the prize of the tournament by a bracelet, poker games which are worth prenios, bracelestes are just objects that people show to say it is better than the others.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As an amateur who has a 1:10^24 chance of winning one bracelet and zero chance of two or more, I'm leaning toward the money.

Bracelets confer status mainly in the poker community, they wouldn't mean much if anything to the average person and may even be viewed negatively by "anti-gambling" folks.

Your post sounds like a poker version of the fable The fox and the grapes :) (could call it The Goat and the Bracelet)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I´d prefer the money.Nowadays,having a bracelet is not as important as in previous years.Of course,Negreanu and Helmuth are obsessed with winning a new bracelet but they belong to another generation.There must be young poker players who want to win a bracelet but ,as I said above,players want to win big tournaments like Triton .Daniel Cates ,for example,doesn´t care about winning a bracelet because he prefers playing a Super High Roller in Vegas in which he can win more money..Good question by the way.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would like to have both! but if I have to choose, it would be 300K, I don't mind the idea of winning a bracelet, I don't rule it out at all!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer money. A bracelet is a prestigious award, but money provides more opportunities.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing is always the money, I am reading that many give more importance to the bracelet but it is a matter of taste, I thousand times prefer 30 seconds places to just a bracelet:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, money is more important to me. The bracelet changes nothing, and money changes everything.:bebored::marchmell

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning a bracelet would be amazing but between money and bracelet I prefer money. I think a tournament like the WSOP wouldn't have a big field if the prize was just a bracelet.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they both go hand in hand. Having a bracelet of course that gives you fame and distinguishes you from the other players adds to this that you identify as a good poker player, not necessarily the owner of a bracelet has to be a conceited person although sometimes there are who are conceited haha. ​​In the same way, I also think that there are many people who have earned enough money and do not like badges so as not to attract attention. Some time ago in PS they cataloged you according to stars and asked if you wanted others to see how many stars you had, the more, you were a better player, many did not do it and thus surprised others by being exceptional players.

B

BrunoIngrassia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recognition is the correct name for the bracelet. We cannot want to have (money) before being (bracelet).

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer money. I can do without a bracelet as long as I have enough agent in my bank account.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That,s always about the money. I think most of the people just want to have that money and i think those Bracelts means not so much to be honest at all. Yes, that can be pleasant, but i think money is more important for most of the players.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bracelet would be good but the money would be better.:):):)

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a trophy on my room. I feel inspired every time i see it.. I dont know, i like both.. Money and Trophy or Bracelet..

I wouldnt sell my trophy for money

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not conceited, for me it is enough to simply win money. I don’t need to have any titles, I just have to earn money playing poker.