Can Poker be considered an Intellectual Sport?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker without stakes would not be poker. Poker transcends sports, intellectual games or any of these inherent parameters. Poker is a game where any class, origin, color, whoever, can play and succeed.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that poker is an intellectual game that can be a sport.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
We should play chess sometimes anytime you want I am on chess.com or I can download any app you use Use this link to friend me on Chess.com https://friend.chess.com/gyWF and let's play sometime! My username is junior7755
Thanks brother
Over there for work reasons many times more than anything I play poker because let's say it's faster but I don't rule out using your friendship link that you gave me in chess to play chess. A big hug

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion NO , beacuse as long the luck factor is present it is not all intelectual so as long the luck is present it is a gamble game and not a sport

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a combination of thinking, strategy and luck. Is it a sport? Yes, of course. The best poker players skillfully combine the first two components (thinking and strategy), feel good luck and eventually become winners. The names themselves: tournament, winner - the main features of the sport. Therefore, poker is a sport.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes I agree that Poker can be like an intellectual sport.
Because of the decisions that have to be taken every hand.
Do I Call ? Do I Raise ? Do I ReRaise ? Do I Fold ? On the flop, how many outs do I have.
And that's just the start. Of one hand. That is a lot of brain exercises.
But I play mostly tournament poker. And HORSE and 8 Game. Stud H/L. Courcheval H/L. Omaha H/L.

Last edited:
D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see how poker can be related to inllectual .no never

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think its a sport, but it definitely requires a lot of concetrayion, wittyness etc.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Perhaps many of us have thought about it before and that is because this wonderful game has enough category to have that title and represent for the entire society a way of training and keeping active the mentality of those who practice it. Although the theme of 'betting' is part of Poker, it can also be practiced without betting, but rather, be number 1 in tournaments where people of all ages participate without any taboos.
I really don t see why not. Although it is a card game, a game of chance for some, every poker player knows that it is more of a mental game, I think that makes it intellectual just as much as any other mind game.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is entertainment or, in other words, an intellectual hobby. Poker allows me to get away from my main job. And in general, I think that poker deserves recognition as a sport.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so. The level of reasoning to play poker well is immense.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider poker a game of chance and more of luck than skill, so it's not intellectual at all.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in many countries it is a sport of the mind or intellectual.

yes it needs a lot of study and dedication just like any other intellectual sport.

Poker Tells