Can poker be a stable source of income or career?

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Answering the question, I don't think poker is a stable source of income...although I think many people say the opposite! It is very difficult to regularly achieve good positions on MTTs in order to consider it as a stable source of income... Not to mention the time devoted to it! Of course, there are no guarantees for anything besides these... I think that a job is a sure thing, and you can play and win with it! However, I wouldn't call poker a stable source of income.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker can be a stable source of income with the right bankroll management and discipline behind it. But I definitely don't and wouldn't advise poker as your only source of income without some type of guaranteed job or something reliable to help support your wins and losses due to the variances and ups and downs of the game. Quitting any guaranteed source of income for a game like poker where you're not guaranteed to make money consistently is for sure not a good idea.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
a stable income means going to work and getting paid at the end of the month and poker is not stable, you can't win for 2-5 years then win a big tournament and become rich, but you won't be able to live without a win for a long time because you need money so it's better if you're looking for stability, you need to work and try to make money in poker in your spare time

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be a good side income for sure. Going pro is a different story.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very mentally difficult tomstake a career on poker. I think I would suffer from burnout pretty quickly. You would need a rock solid constitution to take bad beats and plenty of losses on a daily basis. It could be very difficult to sustain a regular income also.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It will all depend on bankroll management. If you maintain a good relationship between your funds and the level of tournaments you play, I think it's possible to maintain stability.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, poker can become a stable source of income and poker can become a professional activity for a player. It all depends on you and your willingness to work to achieve this goal. Do not believe if someone tells you that it is impossible :)

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello pro players we know that it is possible but it is not an easy job as it seems

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that any activity in this life that involves money can be a stable source of income. And poker is no exception in this case. If a person spends a lot of time playing poker, constantly studies, and analyzes his game after a gaming session, then he will definitely be able to make a living from poker. There is an expression: “If one did it, others can too. If no one could do it, be the first.” There are many people who make a living from both online and live poker. Becoming one of them will not be difficult if you put in the effort.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think was yes, in the long time.. is more security what standard works...
Sorry for my level of english, I am from Argentine, with the time and with more practise, i can speak with more propierty, gramathicly speaking.. or in order of gramatic, i think last option is more right.. hehe, successes and gl in the tables!
I believe that poker can only give you a chance to be rich. The other question is how you take that chance. For example, if I finish in the top 10 in a big tournament, I can consider my poker career a success. :cool:

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, poker can be profitable, but it requires a combination of skill, discipline, and luck. To be a successful poker player, it's important to have a solid understanding of the game, including the rules, strategies, and odds. Additionally, it's important to have the ability to read and interpret your opponents' actions and reactions, as well as to manage your emotions and stay focused during play.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker can bring good money, but it comes from playing well. If you do not devote enough time to training and proper distribution of forces, you can quickly lose your profit and bankroll.There are also those for whom poker has long ceased to be just a favorite card game. For these people, playing poker is a real source of income, a job, if you like. They work from home, sitting comfortably in a chair opposite the computer, drinking hot coffee, occasionally clicking the mouse. They do not listen to the boss’s angry remarks, they take their own breaks, assign their own rest, and determine their own salary.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker has the potential to be a stable source of income or even a career for some. Successful professionals blend skill, discipline, and a deep understanding of the game. Consistency and effective bankroll management are vital. However, it's not without risks—variance and the unpredictable nature of the game require resilience. It's essential to approach poker as a serious profession, continually refining skills, staying abreast of trends, and managing both wins and losses. While not a conventional career, for those who master its complexities, poker can provide a fulfilling and lucrative livelihood.