Poker & alcohol?

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be positive to play poker drunk, as certain alcoholic drinks have the property of reducing adrenaline.
Cachaça, genuinely Brazilian drink, has this property, it reduces the adrenaline, but makes you dizzy.
For those who don't know about cachaça, it is made from the fermentation of sugarcane juice and instead of Run, cachaça is made from the fermentation of raw sugarcane, and rum is made from sugarcane molasses.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this depends a lot on the opinion of each one, in my opinion I think that alcohol interferes with your game, your focus, your perception and several other things change when you drink, so I think it interferes a little with your gains, now if it's a I play with friends there I don't see any problem

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think alcohol in small amounts will only help the game play more varied! But a large amount of alcohol will have the opposite effect, and your stack will shrink dramatically, then tilt and you're out. Simple as that! But personally I rarely drink 1 liter of good light beer, but when I do, I only win. The biggest win was 109$ with a tournament ticket. :ROFLMAO:;)

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not good combination for sure. I've seen the terrible effect it can have on someone's game.

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't drink alcohol because I don't like it, but I drink a lot of juice and coffee while playing.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I suppose it depends on how much you drink. I gave it up in January 1986 and have never regretted it.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Alcohol always affects me equally badly :)
If I'm drunk, I start doing stupid things, and this is already a pattern :)

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
It is better not to mix alcohol and poker, you need to be careful in the game

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
drink whiskey and get frisky , please !

J

jora161616

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
If you want to run out of money, drink and go to poker.

CollYan

CollYan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
150 grams of cognac has not hurt anyone yet .....;)

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
for some reason it seems to me that alcohol live when playing poker affects differently, and if you play online, it can harm

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It would need to be one drink for me. Maximum 2. I think if I can’t drive then I shouldn’t play poker!

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play home games yeah you can drink but normal ones noo

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If poker is fun for you, then you can drink alcohol, but if you play poker to make money, then it is better not to drink alcohol.:)

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
What do you think? A little bit alcohol harms for your playing?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
because I don't drink alcohol at all, but I have a friend who plays poker and drinks a little and it doesn't prevent him from winning and taking first places at all and not much alcohol relaxes him and he plays very cool I asked him if it bothers him if drinking too much alcohol really bothers him, but if he doesn't drink enough, it even helps him

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think a beer or three is not going to drastically change your game. That being said, my absolute worst amount of money lost in one sitting was when I was drunk! The host was a smart cookie, he gave out free booze as much as you wanted!

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't like alcohol very much,but sometimes I drink a shot. I noticed that this affects my concentration.Mainly in the back phase of the tournament.I think the lot of alcohol obviously harms.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how you can handle it. For me personally few beers usually help to relax. On the other hand, when i drink a little bit too much, it always ends bad moneywise.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
When I drink and play I use my entertainment account and play just for fun in micro levels ,I remember a friday night one player was telling jokes but in the middle of a joke he stopped and was quiet and then he was sitting out for one hour,when he came back he excused himself and said he fell asleep,cheers! He never finished the joke

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I drink beer while playing. I can't say that beer makes me play better or worse. I just drink beer because I like it :)
In general, in my opinion, alcohol negatively affects concentration and leads to more risky, one might say irresponsible, play.

deucefactory

deucefactory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes do it, its super fun! maybe not good results tho :ROFLMAO:

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If it helps you to chill ok but if you are drunk nothing could have positive aspect

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I was still tempted to say something here. I'm a beer drinker too and that's all I have to comment on: everyone does what they think is best for them and to feel good but don't have any pretensions exaggerated from someone or something until you come to your senses.