GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I prefer not to drink alcohol when I play!! Poker is to be lucid and with all your senses well alert greetings and GG at the tables...

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Impossible, it's a combination that doesn't have good results...

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the situation, if it is at a table with friends it may be, but if you are going to play tournaments it is not recommended

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes drink a glass of whisky (scotch) at the end of a session, never during. Can't perform if your mind is being slowed down by alcohol.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Alcohol consumption can have both positive and negative effects on poker performance, depending on the individual and the extent of consumption. Here are some points to consider:

1. Impaired Decision-Making: Alcohol is known to impair cognitive function, including decision-making abilities. In poker, where making sound decisions is crucial, alcohol can hinder your ability to think clearly, evaluate situations accurately, and make optimal choices. This can lead to poor judgment and costly mistakes.
  2. Emotional State and Control: Alcohol can also affect your emotional state and self-control. It may lower inhibitions, leading to impulsive and reckless behavior. In poker, emotional control is vital for managing tilt (frustration or anger) and making rational decisions. Alcohol consumption can undermine this control and increase the likelihood of emotional reactions that negatively impact your play.
  3. Focus and Concentration: Alcohol can impair focus, concentration, and attention span. Poker requires sustained concentration to analyze opponents, assess probabilities, and track the progress of a hand. Alcohol-induced distractions and decreased focus can cause you to miss important details and make suboptimal decisions.
  4. Confidence and Overconfidence: Alcohol can sometimes boost confidence, which can be helpful in poker. However, excessive confidence or overconfidence due to alcohol consumption may lead to taking unnecessary risks, overestimating your abilities, or disregarding caution. This can result in poor bankroll management and increased losses.
  5. Social Dynamics: Poker is often played in social settings, and alcohol can affect your interactions with other players. It may lead to more relaxed or aggressive behavior, alter your ability to read opponents' body language, or impair your communication skills. These factors can impact your ability to make accurate reads and adapt to the table dynamics.
It's important to note that the effects of alcohol can vary depending on the individual, tolerance levels, and the amount consumed. While moderate alcohol consumption may have minimal impact on performance for some players, excessive or irresponsible drinking is generally discouraged.

If you choose to consume alcohol while playing poker, it is advisable to do so in moderation and be mindful of its potential effects on your decision-making, emotional control, focus, and overall performance. It's always a good idea to know your limits and prioritize responsible play.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
"How does alcohol consumption affect performance in poker and how can players balance the social aspect and effectiveness in the game?"
Any positive part? (Personally) when I play live it helps me to calm my nerves, I control it very well, what do you think?
I always drink while playing. I mostly drink beer, but sometimes I can drink something stronger. I certainly don't get drunk, but I'm used to it and I don't actually play poker unless I have a few bottles of beer in my fridge :)

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that poker and alcohol are incompatible things. When you drink alcohol your mind becomes dull and you can't play at your best. If you play with friends for fun, then of course alcohol will not be superfluous

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, I think it's good for nerves but to be attentive to some situations it's going to get a bit complicated because sometimes it makes you lose concentration, I don't drink when I play, more than anything a coffee at most, but like Cristiano Ronaldo once said, drink "Water". greetings

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bad idea! It will impair your ability to make sound decisions.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Alcohol may calm me, but it makes me commit many mistakes since I lack of focus when it goes to my head, I don't recommend to drink while playing, you should find different ways to calm.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for sure i never tried alcohol

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some beers is not bad for me. So yes sometimes i drink some beers.

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
I love to play with people who drink alcohol.
They normally do more mistakes than sober players.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a big drinker. Haven’t really picked up much to drink in years. But when I did in college I know playing poker would’ve been more reckless. Probably would be more likely to bluff or spew off my chip stack. Drinking can negatively affect the brains thought process and decision making. For me, when I am playing I want to be as sharp as possible and definitely don’t want anything hindering my decision making. Maybe some think or even play better but I think they are in the minority.

Staying at foxwoods , while playing live in the past I have had a beer during my last orbit to walk back to the room. Never more than one and nothing excessive for me.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Lol 😂 I guess you do want makes you feel comfortable. When I drink 🍺 while playing. I tend to be very loose but I am happy. But I like to stay laser focus 🧘‍♀️. But drinking while playing is fun 🤩.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I don't drink alcohol at all.
And if I feel like I need a drink, coffee is enough for me.

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It would seem that poker and alcohol are incompatible things, although in fact players regularly “combine” them. Poker players are also living people, I also like beer when I play)))

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"How does alcohol consumption affect performance in poker and how can players balance the social aspect and effectiveness in the game?"
Any positive part? (Personally) when I play live it helps me to calm my nerves, I control it very well, what do you think?
I'll say the same. Beer, for me, is a drink associated to celebration and pleasure times, so it's effective when it comes to relax and not get nervous on live tournaments. Since I only drink that, my organism is usued to it, so I don't get drunk very easily :ROFLMAO:

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't drink alcohol while I'm playing poker.

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never actually tried it, I think it won’t make a couple of bloody Marys worse, I want to be the same stylish drunk master as Roger Tesca. that ept was fire btw

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you manage to control it very well and it helps to calm your nerves, it's positive for you. It doesn't work out for me because it makes me move away from my tactic. If I accompany poker with alcohol, I generally end up playing looser than what I had planned, committing like this. errors product of my altered senses haha

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i drink some beers while i play poker....sometimes....

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're interested in seeing the effects of drinking while playing poker check out ImCanad1aneh on Twitch! He consistently drinks while he plays on stream:

ImCanad1aneh on Twitch

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Its a fun combination when ur playikg for fun but if there is for money i woudnt recomend u usually play more hands that u shoudnt at least that happens to me and with some recreational drugs