Poker and Alcohol

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker and alcohol should not be combined together. Maybe a little and maybe in the form of beer. In large doses, the brain begins to slow down with thinking.

A

Amatsu_H

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess depends on the amount you drink, I have drink one beer while playing and it is relaxing but obviously drinking too much would be a bad idea xD

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol allows me to loosen up and enjoy a little bit more the game. However if you drink too much that affects your game I wouldn't recommend it.

M

Machidon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking alcohol ,in general, I think it is a bad idea :D ,especially when you are playing poker and you should be using your neurons at full capacity :) , nevertheless i know some players who went deep in tournaments while being waaaay tipsy ;)

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
kept in control it can help relax your nerves and help you to play better and more relaxed. BUT, going overboard and drinking enough to impair your thinking is when it becomes a problem and can cost you money on the felt.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Only if you want to have fun and easily part with money

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me alcohol would only lead to bad decision making. If a player is completely drunk, lets just say he's a "Fish" out of the water.

Ganwar

Ganwar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking during game is not good
It distract focus from in poker you need to concentrate.

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol slows you down but weed makes you think better and puts you in a deeper understanding of the game.

H

Hoztil3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not good because you tend to play hands that you wouldn't play with more focus and it really puts you in spots more times than not.

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first live poker game there probably wasnt 20 mins I didn't have a glass of scotch in front of me and I won so I lean toward taking the edge off with a few drinks can be a good thing

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not drink alcohol at all, so this problem does not concern me.

M

muunas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i drink only in freerolls :D but if you want to win something you have to stay sober, because you have to concentrate

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching how much to drink ... Everywhere you need to know the extent.

iudinvictor

iudinvictor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol during poker is contraindicated. As in life in principle. I'm an opponent of alcohol, although I work for a company that produces alcohol.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and alcohol do not match at all, try to avoid playing when you drink alcohol because you will make many mistakes, this is my advice, good luck to the tables

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a couple of beers do not slow me down, during a tournament.
But, when I become buzzed, I eat something to reverse the effects.
Most of my friends smoke weed during a tournament. And it has an effect to some degree.
Probably best to Not drink or smoke anything when serious about placing at the final table....

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm awful at poker when drinking

AlayneBarros

AlayneBarros

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
True, the only thing that really fits with drinks is fun ... so when you're up for a drink, because although poker is also a kind of fun for those who like it, it needs a lot of attention, something that drinks easily take away .

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you wonna playserious poker cash or tournament DO not use alcohol....I expirit what happening when you consume a lot of alcohol while playing....

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice makes perfect. The more you drink and play at the same time, you build a tolerance and are able to play under control. Obviously getting shit faced isn't a good idea but being a little drunk doesn't effect my game.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it depends. If you drinking that much, that you can't control yourself of starting playing for real money, then better not open any poker room at all and playing other computer games, watching TV or any other activity. But i see nothing wrong with playing freerolls or let's say play money games for entertainment, when you drunk. But i would never, NEVER EVER opening 6-8 SNG tables of my usual limit and start a session (i wouldn't open even one actually), when i drunk some already. Because i fully understand, i will never play my good game and it will be -EV, which means losses to my bankroll, which i have to rebuild later, which will cost me additional time. So i'm not doing such mistakes.

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if it's a drink to refresh okay! Now filling the belly with alcohol will not help of course! 😲😵😲

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i play with friends,can afford a few glasses of wine.Nice atmosphere and a sense of relaxation.But in online tournaments alcohol and poker are incompatible!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
There are people who like to have a beer or a drink of whiskey every hour .... and they really control it very well ... it does not affect their game at all .... I also like to take a drink of Whiskey while I'm playing. However the ideal is not to drink any alcohol during the game because you could deconcentrarte and lose a tournament ...!