Poker an addiction?

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything and I mean literally anything can be an addiction it is all about control as soon as u loose that then yeah it can become an addiction

Sometimes it’s good to take a month break from the game. When u come back u will see moves more clearly.

L

Lastsmoke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with that there is a reason ol timers said look at something with fresh set of eyes

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Anything can be an addiction. Depends on the person.

G

geordieneil

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I began playing poker to get "my gambling buzz" whilst trying to give up sports betting....... it worked for a few years, but once an addicted gambler, it really is time to stop...... or at least restrict you're accounts to small weekly deposits if you still enjoy a game

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this sites rules make people addicted to the game. I really only want to play a couple games a week but the site requires people to post about 5 messages a week to stay active. I really hate playing with retarded donks during whole games though. For example bigsanto pushed me all in when he only had j,q before.

dont need to push Donkeys, they love to pull...

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It may become an addiction, and when someone let itself turns to it, it's bad and sad.

All the best and best of luck.

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is! but if you make your mind stronger and stop being greedy, you can profit in this beautiful game, you just need to admnistrate the money, and don't play for "recover" play for fun, try hard and the earnings wil come..

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is! but if you make your mind stronger and stop being greedy, you can profit in this beautiful game, you just need to admnistrate the money, and don't play for "recover" play for fun, try hard and the earnings wil come..

Apparently according to the book Poker Mindset "Greed" is supposed to be a benefit to the Pro Poker Player... Not sure if it's some thing I can force as an attitude but then that same book says "you will have to play in ways that go against some of your beliefs" hmm I don't know if I want to be a greedy lier bluffing and throwing other players under the bus in order to big top earner at the tables... Would you?

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obsession... yes... addiction no but i see thst it can be.. otherwise... sports.. women... surfing... fishing... about everyrhing else i really like to do is an addiction

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker addiction can be a real sickness. Be careful I have seen the game destory people.

S

Shep11111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Withdraw 50% every time you win a major sum.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a poker addict too. I deposit and lose every time.

T

tottyn33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, guys. Last month, I lost 90% of my monthly earnings to PokerStars. Every day I lost, but I kept adding money. In this sense, can we talk about poker as an addiction? What is your optinion?
:confused::confused::confused:
yes, it's an addiction. If you can't stop, I advise you to limit your deposits. In this way you won't spend more than you can afford.
:( or better play for play money

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely. Poker is as addictive as other illegal substances.
It is not illegal and it does not affect your body directly but indirectly especially if you are losing 90% of your income you are gonna be affected for sure.
I guess you need at least a little break in poker if you dont want to stop completely. Think about what you are losing if you continue playing poker like that. And when you clear your mind, you should decide not to deposit even a single cent to poker anymore, and instead just play the freerolls, and be contended with it. Because if you have any bright future in poker you can always start by winning freerolls. :)

If you cant get any winnings in freerolls to start with, you will just lose all your hard earned money to poker. Start with CC, they give a lot of freeroll tourneys everyday. A good training ground if i may say.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is an addiction, and deep, if you don't watch out. The impulses to add money is very strong.
This game is very good and dangerous too, if you let it dominates you.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just keep playing poker! Don't listen to the people who advice you to read at least some basic bankroll management theory. You can learn a lot of lessons by playing with no fear all your income. 90% can always get to 100%. ALL IN FOR THE WIN!! The rest of the players can thank me later.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can be an addictive game, and it can be very dangerous to some who has poor impulse control. If you are playing in games much above your skill level just for the thrill of winning big pots, then your best option would be just to quit playing. I dont think freerolls will help, as it is not as much the game you may be addicted too.

You could try to play at a stake level that allows you to play the game and not lose a ton of money, but if this doesn't satisfy your needs then its best to stop playing.

Depending on your poker room there is options to exclude yourself from certain games and stake levels.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I might be a little bit addicted but I don't play with my money. I am just playing freerolls.