rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I once thought about trying to play to support myself financially. but I gave up quickly. Unfortunately, I didn't have the patience to study and lose. hahaha

lala123

lala123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to be extremely skilled if you want to have poker as your main income. if not, I feel sorry for those who hope they can pull it off, because it's sad if something so risky has to be what makes you survive. so if you are not extremely skilled then don't have too high expectations

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me currently, I don't make a lot of money playing poker, but I enjoy my favorite hobby.
And wait for good luck.
I earn a lot of money over time.

Wedersonalas

Wedersonalas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suponho que tenho sorte por não precisar depender do pôquer como fonte de renda, tornei-me redundante aos 40 e poucos anos e trabalhei para uma empresa com provavelmente um dos melhores planos de pensão do Reino Unido. Nunca me preocupei em me aposentar. Na verdade, sempre brinquei sobre me tornar um jogador profissional de pôquer quando me aposentei.
Mas jogar Poker e lucrar com o jogo nunca foi um problema para mim, pois sempre tive o Mantra "O que você nunca teve, você não pode perder!" Portanto, deixar tudo o que ganhei no meu Bankroll nunca foi um problema para mim.
Além do fato de nunca ter depositado em nenhum site de pôquer, então para mim o dinheiro que ganhei é apenas dinheiro virtual. Não é real, e a única vez que retiro meus ganhos é depois de dar o chute no site de pôquer!
Jogar com apostas pequenas on-line é apenas um hobby, nem sempre confio no software que algum uso, e certamente não confio no hardware que possuo, porque perdi a conexão algumas vezes sem culpa minha, mas perder um dólar ou mais não é grande coisa. Com certeza é chato, mas não é o fim do mundo, sempre há amanhã, e amanhã é outro dia.
O poker nunca passou pela minha cabeça como uma segunda renda, acredito que uma vez que você tem que contar com algo para ganhar a vida, ele deixa de ser um hobby e vira outro trabalho! Já tive muitos empregos na minha vida e desde que me aposentei, há 10 anos, não quero nem preciso de outro emprego.
Hello! I liked your way of thinking about poker 😃!
When you are at peace with something you like, it automatically becomes something always cool and ends up flowing and emanating good things! It may be that one day you will find yourself in a position where you are very profitable doing what you like and that you will not even notice that you have become a professional.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Can I make a living from poker? No. Can a person make a living from poker, sure. It's a skill, and people have always been paid for having a skill.

You would need to have a skillet sufficiently above the people you are playing to overcome variance to make a regular living.

It seems most poker players have a side hustle wether it be being sponsored, teaching, streaming or taking action from other players.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is the biggest difficulty for you to have online poker as your job (main income)
I'm profitable in mtt micros but my point that I can't keep poker is the difficulty with my financial discipline (I withdraw my winnings) and lack of opportunity, what about you?
If it is really profitable, maintain discipline and make adjustments to maximize your profits, over time you will be able to make a living from Poker.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
It is very hard to do that, you have to be playing a lot which interferes with your daiky life

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Look, I don’t think it’s difficult or impossible.
But a lot of dedication to what you propose to do is fundamental and eventually the results will come

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you live in a country with a low cost of living that can be covered playing low stakes, then it's possible. If not, the better to have a secure income from another job and play poker as a side hobby.

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Poker at a professional level is a very good source of income for people who dedicate themselves to this, because it is seen as a job, as we can see through poker professionals like Zeroz, Lex, Martin, Tonka, etc. who know that this is very profitable. And what do you think of poker as a source of income?

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It takes incredible luck for poker to be a source of income, because if you don't have luck, there will only be disadvantages.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a good job, I can't complain about my regular salary, specially because I only work 4x per week and only in one period, so, I have a lot of free time. If I could win at least half of my regular salary it would be nice, but I think I don't have enough discipline and I also need to work on my poker mind.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It is important to develop a risk management strategy and ensure sufficient financial security to cover bad periods. Additionally, maintaining your skills and adapting to changes in the gaming and poker community can also be challenging.;)

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
What is the biggest difficulty for you to have online poker as your job (main income)
I'm profitable in mtt micros but my point that I can't keep poker is the difficulty with my financial discipline (I withdraw my winnings) and lack of opportunity, what about you?
To take poker as a source of income you need to dedicate 100% of your time, not leaving home and studying your rivals in each tournament.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
it's hard with poker because it's an unpredictable game, poker can be used for fun and it's fun but it's hard to make a living and make money from poker

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker brings me income, but that income is actually only from playing freerolls. My bankroll is growing and that's my main goal for now. When I can build my bankroll to at least $300, then I'll start thinking about my next plan of action.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I only use poker money to get better at the game. I'm lucky enough to not need poker money to live, so I try to improve.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Salaries in my country are very low for a long time of work and time-consuming traffic, I survive only on poker winnings since the start of the pandemic in 2020, food here is very expensive compared to the salaries of most workers , the dollar is worth 5x the currency of my country with little gain I can live my life

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Being a pro would be like hitting the jackpot already. the ability to seat at a poker table and win ones dinner is an achievement in and of it self..
I believe everyone on this site would give up any job they have now to seat at the table with out thought and play cards for the rest of their lives.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Source of income ?? For me ?? hmmm . i dont think so , at least for the time being (??) . I do not depend on poker , i dont see this happening in the near future with so many bad beats .

EnchantedFox

EnchantedFox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
If I were to do this as my profession, I think I'd have to move somewhere that I could play live more often.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Time to play more, I work and doesn't have the guts to quit and live from poker earnings.