Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I used to spend a lot of hours at work type-setting. Or coding, in front of a computer. So when I retired from work I ended up on pokerstars. To me it was like work. Learning poker. But now over 15 years later I play for fun and keep my mind busy.

BOT19

BOT19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GR
Chips
Poker is difficult to say it's a job. It needs a lot of practise and experience and self-control. However, i cannot handle difficult situations for example when i was final table in a big tournament and lost with pocket aces versus 8 9. In my oppinion for a very few players it can be job but for the most of us, not!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely not a job for me, I think I should win much more money to I consider poker as a second job. I still think it's only a hobby that sometimes give me an extra money, but the money it's not even close of my regular salary.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a 40 h/week job and I play poker for 3 hours a day or so.
So for me , poker is a part time job

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Considering the responses to this post I made https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/how-long-do-you-think-appropriate-531105/ , could you say that poker is considered a job for you? . I draw this conclusion because according to my previous post, the majority play between 8 hours a day or more, where in my country Peru and some others the minimum daily work time is 8 hours and the rest would be overtime. What do you think about this vision of poker? Leave me your comments here Thank you. I invite you to visit my other posts. Good morning and good luck
Well, considering that in my country there is war and joblessness, and the only alternative to profit way is the army, poker is one of the sources of income for me at this period of my life. Not the only one, as I also do freelance work. But in poker there is a chance that someday I will be lucky enough to win a solid tournament, for example, the Sunday Million, and I will be able to invest the money that I won in real estate, for example. That's my dream. And, of course, I dream that no more blood will be shed in my country. :confused:

9peso

9peso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, treating poker as a job is very risky. Poker is a game that is based not only on the player's skills and experience, but also on probability. I believe that to make money from poker you need to be very lucky and play very responsibly. Often, taking poker seriously leads to debt. For me, the only option is to treat poker as an additional source of income or a hobby, and you still have to work full-time.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s like a part time job where you try to earn a small extra crust. If you win say for example $60 from. A freeroll, that can go to groceries etc, without you having to dip into your own pocket. Small beer, but it all ads up.

G

gordopirata

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Poker isn't just a game; it's a lifestyle, a calling, a way of making a living that's as unpredictable as a river card. Some call it a job, but I prefer to think of it as a professional adventure with a deck of 52 accomplices.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the beginning poker is a hobby, but when you see recurring higher profits as a result of your effort and study, it can become a profitable job.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker can certainly be work. But for me, poker is just a hobby that sometimes brings me income as well. I play for fun and just try to have a good time :)

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Not at least for me, maybe an income but today that is not the case.

L

larabe1997

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
TN
Chips
nope , jobs guarantees money , poker does not

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
For some professional poker players, yes, playing poker can be a full-time job. They make a living through winnings, sponsorships, and other related opportunities in the poker industry.