How long do you think is appropriate to play poker?

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I believe that a session should last a minimum of 8 hours, unless you have had a bad streak and then you do have to rest.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I think that the appropriate number of hours for playing poker is between 6 and 8 hours.
Sometimes it is less depending on my state of mind or the time I am allowed to play.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It depends on what game you play. Cash maybe another

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I spend about 4-5 hours a day playing poker. It's enough for me, but sometimes I can reach the final table in a tournament and it will take up to 10 hours of play, which is too much for me because I start to feel sleepy

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you need to play consistently because you work in life if poker is a job, then you need to spend 8 to 12 hours playing poker, and if you are a poker hobby, you can devote up to 8 hours or up to 5-6 hours a day I think this will be enough to earn some money and enjoy playing, I spend 8 hours or more playing poker if you play well

Mr_Dangerous

Mr_Dangerous

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
this is a good question. For me if I´m winning I go way above 8 hours.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
As long as you can stay focused it is ok, when tilting just shut it off and go out and get a dribk

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It all depends on your physical and mental state and also if you are having a bad or good streak.
The ideal is that you are well rested, well fed and with good vibes to have a session of at least 4 hours and try to get the most out of it.

TBMA7988

TBMA7988

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think it's necessary until your ultimate goal.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Honesty there is no appropriate session time, it's more about the discipline and knowing when to take a break. It can be 12 hours in, it can be 3 hours in and it can be 15 min into the session, sometimes just nothing goes your way so you might want to stop early and call it a day.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
6-10 hours as for me, if more it is not good for organism

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
As long as you feel confourtable could be 4 6 8 hours. When you dont feel ok just stop playing and do other things

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Six to eight hours is a good size, unless you need to spend a bit out of necessity...

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it's a very individual answer, for me the answer is: while I'm being profitable, or when I think I'm still playing my A game

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what game you are playing and if you are winning or losing.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have played for many consecutive hours, today I keep a set time, up to 6 hours at most

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the right amount of time to play poker will depend on yourself, your abilities and many factors, in general the amount of hours will range from 6 hours and up.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't pay attention to time, I try to flow and go as far as possible, when I get far to a tournament and a lot of time has passed, I'm usually not aware of it because I'm focused on the game, I'm happy that they are long days of play.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently, it is comfortable to play for 6-8 hours, when playing for more than 8 hours, fatigue is already felt and, accordingly, a lot of mistakes.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
After 5-6 hours of play I'm to tired and I finish my playing.

Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best thing is to play between 6 and 8 hours.
I once played 12 hours straight and at the end I had a huge headache and was physically exhausted.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that a session should last a minimum of 8 hours, unless you have had a bad streak and then you do have to rest.
Hi :)
A minimum of 8 hours is actually a full working day. Maybe yes, but if you're playing 8 hours a day then poker has to be your main source of income, otherwise you simply won't have time for a job that allows you to pay the bills.

lala123

lala123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on what kind of tournaments it is. some tournaments last less than 2 hours, while others last more than 10 hours, so there is a large variation in the length of the playing time. if you have poker as your job then you have to expect that many hours go into poker every day, but I see no reason to play for that long because it's not my job and there are other things I have to prioritize over poker. but maybe that will change in the future, hopefully.. yes

N

Naltro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I think that you should play as long as you are still in the right mind. That means that if you are on tilt or if you sense yourself getting tired, you should stop. I am not a super experienced player so that can be about 2-6 hours for me. I hope to get the mental fortitude for those 8+ hours sessions someday.